Edinburgh advice needed

dam as I would of really appreciated your input. thanks for considering it though much appreciated

thank I will most certinally do that, im finding everyone on here extremely friendly and helpful

1 Like

We are a good bunch in here. Itā€™s a forum where we all help and voice our opinions which occasionally makes the topic in question quite a lively debate. :joy:.
Us Yorkshire guys meet up regularly for flying and banter keep your eye on the club meet ups for something in your area. Or see if you can set one up nearby yourself.
Enjoy.

1 Like

So got to get a first flight trial at the braids hill today and I loved it was v exciting and the control on this thing is great here is a take

4 Likes

:+1:

Hi G

I live in Edinburgh and have been flying for a few years now.
My local golf course Carrickknowe is a handy practice area and if you choose your times later in the day there are very few people about.
At Granton you need to make sure you are outwith the airport exclusion zone so I go to Silverknowes beach, Granton Harbour and anywhere on the coast outwith the exclusion zone.
Do not be afraid to fly over water! Just dont land on it.
Most serious flying is done on the west coast where no one even remotely cares and where the scenery is fantastic.
Cheers,

Melvyn

1 Like

Hi Mel

Thank so much as i thought silverknowes may well of been out of bounce, great to know it isnā€™t, flights come really close to my flatā€¦ Granton harbour is on my doorstep really and yes Iā€™m at the moment scared of the water lol Iā€™m excited with the drone though it a cracker. maybe catch you out there someday
G

1 Like

Thanks for that buddy. Iā€™m in the Corinthians Sailing Club at Granton (Blue cabins) so go there from time to time.

We might be able to hook up sometime and compare our kit. I have a P4 but also a Spark which was a nice wee drone. Unfortunately I landed it on a very high tree (by accidentā€¦) and never got it back!
I like the P4 as it is quite old now but very reliable. I have revised the software and it is now the business.
Cheers,

Melvyn

excellent that sounds like a good plan sometime, do i need to bring a ladder lol