Edit YouTube Video, but Keep Same YouTube link

Hi guys I decided to download filmora to do my editing with. I put up the first two footages up onto YouTube and now I’ve got into Filmora a little bit more I’ve just come across a colour filter that boosts the colours which would make the latest footage I have uploaded to YouTube look a lot more interesting as it features quite a bit of scrubland.

does anyone know if I can replace the old footage on YouTube with this new footage but keep the same youtube link?
Ta
Steve

This is something I would like to do as well but I don’t think it’s possible, sadly. As far as I know you have to re-upload and use the new link provided. I’d love to be proved wrong.

1 Like

You can only delete and upload anew, and create a new link.

• You can delete any video you uploaded to your YouTube channel. You can’t replace a video since any new video uploads will get a new URL, but you can change the existing video.*

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/55770?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

1 Like

DOH! :slightly_frowning_face:

Never mind. Onwards and upwards.
Thanks guys. :ok_hand:

@Stevio Steve, what you can do if you wish to keep hold of your view figures on the old one is to change the status of the video from Public to Unlisted and then upload the new video. That way you will keep your viewing figures as well as get more on the new one. The old one will no longer show up in your profile.

Thanks Mavic that’s a good idea :ok_hand:

1 Like

Morning, quick question.

Is there a way of making a small edit to an already uploaded YouTube video without deleting the original, re-uploading the edited version and losing the original link address?

Phil

Youtube Studio there is an editor

Cheers Sparky but the bit I want to edit is an element from the video editing software so in essence what I want to do is make a small edit in the software, re-upload it to YouTube but keep the link as I’ve plastered it all over Social Media etc. I don’t want to reset the view count and comments by it being basically a new upload. A sort of overwrite is what I’m looking for. Big ask I know :slight_smile:

Unfortunately doesn’t look like you can 🥲

Thanks. Answers that question then. Bugger :smiley:

1 Like