Facebook quality uploads

My footage won’t upload to Facebook sent to my phone an it had no sound so how can I get the file with sound on to Facebook won’t upload straight from pc and I’m using davinci 17 and thanks for letting me join I fly a dji mini 1 an I love it thanks

1 Like

I always upload to youtube and then share a link on FaceBook, Ive always found the quality hit and miss directly uploading to FB

Oh and welcome to GADC.

Export in MP4. There’s something in the Audio codec that Facebook doesn’t like if you export in Quicktime.

4 Likes

Always export in MP4 and preferably using H264 encoder. Bare in mind that Facebook will always reduce your video to 720 resolution no matter what you filmed it at. You’re far better off uploading to YouTube in either 4k or 2.7k and sharing the link but if your uploading straight from your phone be prepared for a considerable drop in quality once its on there.

1 Like

Vimeo.com is also quite good too, if you’re looking for recommendations for alternatives to Facebook.

2 Likes

facebook-devil_o_563595

4 Likes

@milkmanchris is the correct answer.

Facebook degrades quality on photos and videos … you cant change it

Except the op asked why he had no sound. For which the answer is MP4

IIRC Facebook also limits video filesize to something ridiculously small like 24MB

Not anymore. I’ve put massive files on it.

I commented on the Title ‘Facebook Quality Uploads’ his sound , as i read it, was a second issue … anyway I wouldnt upload my video direct to FB if i wanted to try and keep quality high :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If I’m just flicking through when bored, I wouldn’t click. I like it to just play on auto.

Different Site Karl ;o)

1 Like

There’s more than 1 facebook site? :grin:

1 Like

Nor YouTube if that’s your aim. There’s only Vimeo (that I’m aware of) that doesn’t compress.

1 Like

Vimeo better than Youtube better than Facebook I agree… Facebook awful tbh

1 Like

You gets what you pay for.

1 Like