FC Micro USB's

Does anyone have any experience of Micro USB’s, the reason I’m asking is Mine decided to detach it self from the flight controller whilst I was updating to the new 4.3.

Im thinking of replacing with the below as it would make life easier going forward.

Im just not sure about the pin configuration, mine has 4 on the bottom of it yet I see others with 5 and 6?, and are the pins always in the same order ?..

Have a look here (order will be the same left to right) most cables/adapters drop pin 4, leaving 1,2,3&5 active. Some even the data, leaving a charging cable only.

Are you sure you want to fit a type A socket isn’t it a bit large for a drone?

The drone fc will be using the four wires Vcc D+ D- GND

Good find @Sparkyws :clap:

1 Like

I’ve replaced a few Mini and micro USB ports. I find the easiest way is to use low temperature solder paste. Put a small amount of paste on the contacts where you want to attach the port. You don’t have to be too precise. Then, while holding the port onto the board drag the iron across the pins. If done right the paste will be attracted to the pins and the pads on the board and will not short across the pins.

1 Like

Sorry your right it is a Micro, I didn’t pay attention when I cut and pasted it :man_facepalming:t3:

Probably due to me writing this on works time :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like a plan :+1:t3:

Reason I chose a break out board is the micro usb is in the vertical position as its off my protek25 FC, thus I could reposition else where making more accessible and harder waring…

Well I gave it a go but unfortunately 1 of the pads had come away from the board, I enjoyed the challenge of soldering something sooooo small. It looks like a new AIO for me :roll_eyes: but not much out there unless your wanting to pay mega bucks :sob:

Hi Howard
did you set an used UART to MSP?
If you did you can connect via a USB/RS232 adaptor :smile: