Feeling uncomfortable

Perfect excuse to buy a mp2 or maybe better still a Typhoon H Plus…

1 Like

OK … Almost lost my MP after less than 4 weeks. Incredible piece of luck that I managed to recover it at all.
Watch this space. I’m looking at the flight logs now - first thing I see is that my home point was registered over water not land. I didn’t spot the anomaly at the time.

1 Like

@joe.k

Any video? Hope it’s not damaged!!

After going through flight logs and in my head what had happened… I can honestly say I screwed up.
Despite my home point being registered… the rth was a balls up.
This event could fit in many a thread on this forum. It’s got everything .
I was launching from a waterski launch area and I was out to get something like this…!

RTH for battery refreshments … all good !
Guy who gave me permission to launch was one of the waterskiers and he offered me to ride in the boat … flying my Mavic and record some skiing in close quarters. I out right f£&@);(g decline … telling him I’m not that good.
But I did tell him I’ll try a fly by as I’d captured one on the first battery.
So I launched and tried to see how far I could go and still have VLOS. Well , lost VLOS so figured I’d RTH. Turn round , and I spotted 3 policemen talking to one of the waterskiers. Emmm ooops… where’s my drone … can’t see it can’t hear it… WTF ? Where is it ?
It’s definately on the ground or in the water… last msg was … motors stuck … walking around … em … lots of water around me. I know it’s on the ground … Mavic still sending me telemetry . So I try to launch the drone I can’t see… motor stuck msg come up again. After 10 mins . I’m staring into the water where the gps tells me it is. Then I notice … my drone …
Couldnt believe my eyes . 1 foot to the south and it would have been under water.

The home point has me in the water Didn’t notice this when I let it go.
But… Still my fault . Took my eye off the ball by being distracted by the presense of 3 coppers.

2 Likes

Wow you were extremely lucky there Joe.

I have to admit I don’t always check the home point but will be now, especially near water.

Definately worthy of a Buttock clencher badge

2 Likes

wow i suggest you buy a lottery ticket… lucky man

the police wouldnt do anything, at worst tell you to stop flying… … besides there to busy nicking people saying upsetting things on FB these days dont you know lol …

They totally ignored me. I wasn’t too concerned about them … I wanted to find my Mavic . It’s just that split second that I spotted them … I lost the plot. Not like I cook meths or anything like that.

1 Like

I feel ya joe . i lost my phantom 3 advanced 4 weeks back, it felt like someone had kidnapped my daughter while out shopping … i did find and retrieve it 2 days later destroyed and burnt out … just replaced it with a mavic 2 … looking on the brighter side… lol

2 Likes

@SkyDonkey - I was thinking to myself - k-ching … Mavic 2 Pro.

1 Like

@callum - Appreciate the Buttock Clencher award.

1 Like

Wow, you should change your screen name to Lucky joe…
I think I would of had a meltdown if that happened to me…

Glad it all worked out for the best, and we all know to check our RTL going forward…

1 Like