Filters for the Mavic Pro

Searched for this but couldn’t find anything on it, I’ve got some filters for my Mavic Pro but if I put them on 1st they block the gimbal check then I get an error, so do you MP users put them on after your drone has gone through it’s checks or am I putting them on wrong?
Thanks peeps :grin::+1:

What make are they Matty?.
I only ask ,as my first set were the same.
You had to put them on after you start the drone, and it had done it’s gimbal dance.
Fitting them after was the way round it.

1 Like

I’ve got a few sets for the M2P and they’ve never interfered with the start up procedure. They are virtually identical in size to the lens shipped with the drone. You sure they are for your bird?

Mavic Pro, not Mavic 2 pro

2 Likes

They’re Hobby Tigers Chris

1 Like

Have they got an angled front?, or square edged front.
I would check that they are pushed on firmly before you start up, and check by moving the gimbal with your fingers before you turn drone on.

2 Likes

I use -
MIAO LAB DJI Mavic Filters for DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum-Optical Glass Multi-coated DJI Mavic Lens Filters-Pass Gimbal Calibration-4 Pack(ND4/8/16/32)-Dumb Black - got from Amazon - £17
100% no hassle with my MPP - super lightweight and so long as the gimbal is held gently but firmly they push on and off pretty easy. when powered on the gimbal doesn’t know they are there. Im happy to recommend
You can pay a whole lot more of course but these do the job if your not a “name snob” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

My bet is that they have to be fitted after the drone has been started, as they have square edged front bezel.
If they were angled (like the picture @silverfox682 has posted) they should be fitted before drone is started.
My advice is to get shot of them and get the ones above, as handling the gimbal while drone is on is not the way to go, could cause gimbal overload, and/or a gimbal motor failure !.

2 Likes

Cheers lads sorted :grin::grin::+1: glad I wasn’t doing anything wrong lol I’ll order some others, I was kindly given these brand new never used

2 Likes

Ordered the Miao filters now, I’ve got clumsy fingers and would probably damage the gimbal putting on and taking off all the time lmao

1 Like

Wow, those filters are super chunky. Glad you’ve figured out a workaround :+1:

2 Likes

Wow ordered these yesterday, they’re being delivered today, excellent service from Amazon

1 Like

They are the boys Dave !. :+1:
Just make sure you rotate them correctly to get the best Polarizing effect and also push them on hard enough to pass the gimbal movement.
I hold mine up to the light and rotate it so i get the best position before i fit them.

1 Like

Cheers for the info and heads up Chris bud :+1::grin:

1 Like

With the ND16PL fitted, a marked improvement with colour overall, couldn’t do too much as it was blowing a gale lol

1 Like

You will enjoy the impact - my advice is to put the drone up with each filter in turn - do a full 360 so you can see how it respond when pointing into & away from the sun. quick up & down is all you need to decide on which to use and when. Easy as.

1 Like

Was just about to post the same :+1:. Then in editing, flip between no filter and filter levels to see what you like or what you feel looks better.

2 Likes