First 360 attempt - Burry Port

Decided it was time to try one of these 360 pano thingies.

First thoughts -

1. Need to be much higher
  2. Not sure where the heavy shadow came from - doesn’t seem to make sense considering where the sun is located.
  3. Any other thoughts or suggestions - comments welcome :+1:
11 Likes

I think the dark patches are caused when the software tries to stitch areas with little contrast, I get the same if I take a pano with lots of sea/beach in it.

2 Likes

Allegedly 80m is optimum height for a pano

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment Phil - it just looks strange. Light was quite poor at the time I took the pano so I don’t think that helped either. I really need to plan the next one a bit better and get the exposure and height sorted and see what happens from there :+1:

I think you caught the sky beautifully

Thanks for the heads up Chris :+1: Don’t think I was much higher than 15m - so need to get much higher. It was the last shot of the day, taken “off the cuff” after returning to the home point and just before landing - must plan it better :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks Steve - its just the rest of it that sucks :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Never mind - the bloke that never made a mistake never did sod all - I will learn and must try harder :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Mate, its a first attempt, and I think it was a good one.

I did a hand catch of the Mini 2 today, done it loads of times, the f’ing thing bit my finger.
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Looks good!

This adds the Bird’s Eye Viewer Badge to your profile. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks again Steve.

Funny you should say that - I hand caught the M2Z just after taking the 360 cause the wind had come up a bit and landing on the rocks at my feet seemed a little too risky. Caught the bloody thing but the motor didn’t want to shut down - had a right little tussle before it shut down. First time I’ve ever had that happen too :man_shrugging:

Thank you kind sir - much appreciated :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Told you it was windy

2 Likes

Have you tried the 90’ quick flip when you catch it. This “usually” turns the motors off.

If not, as above you flick the drone, don’t let go :grimacing:, 90’ to the left or right and hold it there and the motors will stop.

:+1:

I normally don’t have to flick it 90 degrees - I’ve got used to it shutting down on the stick but this time we had a little battle and it just took my surprise - ended up flicking 90 then it stopped. Think it may have had something to do with it being windy :man_shrugging: - anyway no damage and I’ll be ready for it next time :+1:

1 Like

Hangar360 used to climb to 90m before it started.

I’ve always done the same, based purely on my assumption that their R&D team would have got to that number for a reason.

One would hope, anyway… :grimacing:

I still miss that app!

2 Likes

Thanks for the input Rich :+1: :+1: :+1: - down to me now to plan things a little better :grin:

1 Like

Just set a max altitude of 80m (ish) send her up when she stops, pull that trigger pal then watch the stuff happen.

:+1:

1 Like

Not sure how you stitched the images, but this is where :

• exposures varied significantly for each photo,
  • the stitching hasn’t corrected/blended exposures correctly,
  • a combination of the two.

Is this the image the M2Z stitched onboard? … or one you’ve stitched on the computer from the individual images?

Like it :+1: :+1: :+1:

Many thanks for the comments Dave :+1: :+1: :+1:

The stitching was done onboard the M2Z and just uploaded to Kuula. I remember setting White Balance to manual (cloudy) but I’d been messing about with exposure for some of the straight sky shots and can’t remember whether I left exposure in manual or auto but I suspect the latter.
That probably resulted in a variation in exposure that was too great for the Kuula software to sort out :man_shrugging:
Will have to try again in the same spot and just concentrate on the 360 pano :+1:

1 Like