First build.... Eeeek

Glad im not the only one who hates the overuse of the term ground.

1 Like

OK, Well I’ve made a provisional list of items based off the link at How to Build an FPV Drone From Scratch (Analog FPV System) - Oscar Liang

Now I was quite surprised at the price of the FC/ESC stack (they seperates I know), but come in at £114.90. Wow. I found a simlar bundle of ESC and FC, and 50A instead of the 65A, but seems more or less as good (and recommended off of Oscars FC/ESC pages) and cost £66.15. Thoughts?

Single parts:

and

And the 2 in 1 stack bundle, for nearly half the price…

Thats £250, instead of £300. I am quite happy to spend where needed, but if I go DJI in the future, that is a LONG way off, and surely would make another drone. Full list of items I’m thinking about here:

Thanks all for any input :slight_smile:

to me it’s always “0v”

3 Likes

don’t forget www.flyingtech.co.uk
Often has stock when others don’t :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers Stevie. These guys OK anyone know? https://fpvworld.co.uk/

Seems ordering all over the place. Anyone have any comments of the FC/ESC question above?

Any esc over 50a is ok. The fc should be an f7 for future proofing. F4 at a minimum.
Make sure they are all up to 6s compatible

1 Like

I don’t know anything specific about those boards you have chosen but £60 is alot for just an esc board. Is there a reason you’re going for a 60A board? In my recent build I purchased a Speedybee F7 V2 stack for not alot more and that has built in Wifi and Bluetooth so you can connect to betaflight or INav while out in the field without the need for a laptop or special cable adapter.

1 Like

I went with the Oscar Liang recommendations for “starter” and 65A future proofing, but I think I’m more inclined for the combined packge with the 50A one. No way I’ll be pushing 6S’s that hard anytime soon, and probably have broken it by then. I did think over £100 for FC/ESC was a lot, so probably will go for the combined stack for £66. £66 sound OK for both FC and ESC? Think all my links are in stock! Will likely break of lose it anyway! Hah!

Will probably make another thread on the t200 charger BTW

1 Like

BTW do I need a PDB? I’ve been watching a lot of videos over the last year and have been mentioned, but is that all built in somewhere else in the stack now? The ESC and FC do it all and the voltage to 12, 5 and 3.3?

The amp rating will be for continuous current draw but normally they will also have a burst current draw in the specs too. So for example the 50A Mamba stack you have linked up top has these specs

CONTINUE CURRENT: 50A×4

BURST CURRENT: 55A (10S)

So that is 50A continuous draw per channel so 200A total (when I disarm after a flight it normally reads around 85A max draw for reference)
And upto 55A per channel for 10 second bursts

All the power distribution circuits should be built into your FC/ESC stack so you shouldn’t need a separate pdb board

Thanks SirGunner. Doubt I’ll be using 6S for a while, will start with 4S, so I’m guessing won’t be over running the 50A/65S burst for a while.

Did think that on the PDB too. Thanks for all your help. Will probably order in the next few days.

Any sugesstions for a kit of nuts/bolts, etc that I need, see those kind of bulk kits before. I think I got wire and heat shrink… it’s those little bits and bobs will forget hah!

NO, not if you go the ‘stack’ route or 4in1 ESC. PDB’s are a bit ‘out of Vogue’ now
:smiley:

GWR Fasteners are your friends here :+1: via ebay but they do have their own webshop

Silly question. I’ve bought the motors and props… Do I need nuts to screw them on or they come witht he motors? If so what size?! Grrr. I will forget something lol!

EMAX ECO II Series 2207 Motor (1700kV, 1900kV 2400kV) – Unmanned Tech UK FPV Shop these are the motors I’ve ordered (6 thought 2 spare good idea!)

Edit: Have seen they need M5 nuts, but still… they come with?

Motors usually come with M5 prop nuts
They also come with screws to mount onto the arms
BUT make sure the length is correct and they do not stick into the winding wires, very important.:+1::+1:

1 Like

This how you want them…

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve read and seen that that over and over. I have made “IMPORTANT NOTES” whilst watchign videos and that’s one of them! hah!

I’ve ordered nearly everything now. Im actually struggling to find 30mm m3 bolts for putting the stack on… https://www.gwr-fasteners.co.uk/m3-a2-stainless-steel-socket-cap-head-machine-screw-in-gwr-colourfast-23391-p.asp am I close there? Was hoping to find a “pack” as I need 4 bolts, 4 nylon M3 nuts and 4 steel ones I assume according to oscar…

• 4x 30mm M3 steel bolts (for FC stack)
  • 4x M3 nuts (for FC stack)
  • 4x M3 nylon lock nuts (for FC stack)

Yes if you want pretty colours, Black or stainless steel are a damn sight cheaper

1 Like

You can buy a pack of M3 nylon/plastic assorted fasteners, then just get the steel parts ‘as and when’

2 Likes