First crash, definitely fatal

Brutal, looks like receiver signal loss and failsafe to me…could have chucked a prop I guess

This is very good customer service.

Yep, as soon as it went over the carriageway I didn’t care much for the drone just didn’t want it to create a huge pile up. No reports locally of any incidents involving a drone so hopefully it landed in the road and just got destroyed.

I think considering the possibilities that is an acceptable outcome.

It has knocked my confidence a little just need to get back on the sticks.

2 Likes

The first error is “motor blocked” which has limited information after a Google the fact it’s considered warranty rather than errors does make me feel slightly better about the whole thing.

Very impressed with DJI.

Motor may have chucked a magnet, best guess for it being “blocked” id hope their customer service is good for the price!

1 Like

Looks like a gator attack to me… :roll_eyes:

Sorry to hear about your drone bud but glad DJI are sorting you out a replacement :wink:

1 Like

@ResilienceUAV good result from DJI glad your going to be airborne again and not having to dip in your pocket too much and very good of @ash2020 to offer those parts for you …happy days …Alan

1 Like

I had already splurged as holiday tomorrow but I will either sell one or have a back up.

I finding this is a very generous community :blush:

2 Likes

Great news - I’m pleased for you. Now you can breathe normally again… :smiley:

1 Like

Great news, hope they can get it too you speedily enough to get your bum back into competition but either way I’m glad the story has positive outcomes from all angles. I’m nervous enough being on the wrong side of a lake for a particular shot and the unpredictability of the winged creatures nearby, let alone getting potentially bashed by one over a road.

2 Likes

Yep it was an unsettling moment for sure even if it had cost me the flyaway fee I would have had that over a pile up on a major road.

Luck was on my side for sure.

2 Likes

Good news!

1 Like

Very good news :+1:t2:

Ergo.

“Don’t fly near motorways…!”

My god if that had of happened to me I would have absolutely sheeeet myself, then ran…!!!

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
:poop::poop::poop:

But like you and being the responsible adult, I would have stuck around to see what happened.

Whilst frantically getting the other drone out to capture any damage it may have caused.

Might have even paid for the liability damages against me :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So replacement mini 2 delivered by ups today. Left in a box we have out the front that we use for shoes.

Box is black and its been silly hot in Sussex today and upon opening everything it is very hot. Bubble wrap, boxes, drone and battery. The metal around the prop motors was enough for to burn (superficial).

Now isn’t that a real risk having been that hot? The battery alone won’t have enjoyed that heat will it?

Not wanting to be ungrateful to DJI but UPS have let the side down…

I’d probably let the battery slowly cool down to room temperature for a few hours before turning it on.

Not sure what the safe temps of a LiPo are. @group-fpv ?

1 Like

im no good with temps just flew my drone for first time after big crash. motors are at like 10 million degrees. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d let it cool down and see what happens.

If it’s new and something happens on the first flight it’ll be seen on the flight data

1 Like

Lipo batteries actually prefer heat. Some of the FPV lipo bags have heaters in them that heat the packs upto 50 degrees C :+1:t2:

Link for reference:

1 Like

If its so hot you cant hold it when coming off it will probably puff up sooner as it indicates you are drawing current a bit fast for what the battery is rated, fairly warm is normal. If you are overdrawing to the point that it would be an issue you would notice it in massive amounts of sag anyway.