First drone flight…..{gulp}

You may sometimes see a yellow glowing thing in the sky. Thats 93 million miles LINE OF SIGHT away.

That’s like saying the advertised MPG of a car does not equal the real world mpg :rofl:

Curious though, what range did you see advertised for the DJI Mini 2 in the UK @Strax007 mate?

1 Like

Yea, that is on my to-do list. First thing was to do a stock range test.

That is my ultimate goal. To build a long distance fixed wing, that can fly a fully autonomous mission, and safety return home. I see what others have done, and I have a long way to go to get there.

1 Like

Now I know its best case limits, future flights can be planned within those limits.

1 Like

What range did you see advertised for the DJI Mini 2 in the UK @Strax007 mate?

2 Likes

In the DJI Mini 2 operators manual. CE 6km range.
Real world. 1.8 km

You found it then ?

1 Like

If someone can see a mini 2 at 1.8km they have better eyes than me. 100ft up and 800ft out is about my old eyes limit.

2 Likes

Mine are on there way out too

1 Like

My Golden Retriever guide dog has superb eyesight, so he tells me…

1 Like

It is posted earlier in this thread.

1 Like

Indeed it is , wasn’t me looking for it

I’ve just seen your other post. Was your flight with limited range conducted in a London town? Or out in the sticks?

Flying my drone, I want as much distance between it and me as is possible. The hard part is finding a deserted place to TO and land at. I would be less concerned playing with an AR15.

?

1 Like

Does the Hack work with the new mini 3 RC?

@Fullscreen

Check that out it should tell you , not sure about the rc tho

A post was merged into an existing topic: Drone Hacks app - How to enable FCC mode and remove NFZs on your DJI Mavic Air, Air 2, Mavic Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3 or DJI FPV drone

@PingSpike in the OP
“This morning, I went to what is the most unpopulated place I could find. Country park/golf course on a hill.”