First Flight Testing GPS Module

Managed to get out for first time in ages to test my new GPS module. Also managed to do my first acro tricks (like a real pro :rofl: ) at around 5:15 towards the end. Today’s flights really helped build my confidence flying acro even with a decent wind blowing. Sorry for the video length, had real troubles trying to edit the avi files on my phone :confused:

9 Likes

Also a big shout out to @DeanoG60 for very kindly 3D printing me a gps mount for my Quad (actually he printed me a few plus some balance lead clips). All worked fantastically thanks Deano. Really appreciate it mate! :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Some nice flying there. :ok_hand:t2: watch them batteries though 3.2v per cell on landing your lipos ain’t gunna last too long if that’s a regular occurrence lol try and land around 3.5v per cell I wouldn’t go much lower than that. :+1:t2: also that’s a pretty busy OSD :rofl: maybe it’s just me I have the bare bones lol I’ve tried using all the bells n whistles the OSD has on offer but I found it just distracted me from actually flying lol

1 Like

Haha yeah all the other batteries were landed around 3.5v but on that last battery I got so engrossed with trying a few flips n rolls (first time I’ve tried it) I took my eye off the battery indicator :laughing:

I’m gonna go through the osd tomorrow and have a clear out, I don’t even know what half the stuff on there is lol

77mph as well pretty quick for a chilled flight lol

1 Like

Yeah I thought I had set the display to mph but it’s clearly kmh lol I did find it seriously good fun whizzing around in acro :grinning:

1 Like

Looks like you’re having a blast!

1 Like

Thanks Tom yeah it was a blast! Gonna try to get out again today if I can :crossed_fingers:t2:

Another vid here from yesterday. If you watch turn the volume down as there is a problem with the sound. Not sure what it is but I will check the mic wiring later today.

1 Like

Some good flying there. I’m just about to start adding some gps to some of mine.

Quite looking forward to being able to actually see how fast I’m going.

1 Like

Cheers Howard I really enjoyed myself flying acro, it was like something just clicked and got a real confidence boost :smiley:
The gps is awesome, the main reason I wanted gps was to help find the quad if I crash at a distance but the speed reading is a definite bonus :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I thought the speed was way over estimated in Liftoff but the GPS on my geprc crocodile baby suggests otherwise :scream: