First flight with Titan XL5 HD! Success

Wooooohoooo! My first flight with my iFlight Titan XL5 was a success. I flew all four packs I own. I had a couple of roughish landings, but most were OK. The first couple of flights I did on angle mode, and then turned that off and flew the rest in full acro.

I did make one mistake and left the balance lead loose on the first flight, and it got smashed by a propeller. Does anyone know the proper name for one of these balance plugs? I need a new one. The rest of the battery is just fine.

1 Like

JST-XH Balance Connectors :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

OK, I’ve seen a wiring diagram, should be easy to determine which wire goes where based on the voltage.

@Steviegeek and @notveryprettyboy are your guys for battery wiring :+1:t2:

1 Like

I have only got one word… Be fucking careful!

3 Likes

I cycled home with this like a live bomb. I didn’t have any tape with me to tape them all apart safely.

1 Like

Are the metal connectors ok? I can post you a white connector foc if they are ok

1 Like

They all look OK thanks. That’s really very kind of you, but I’ve just ordered and paid for some off eBay. Thank you so much anyway!

1 Like

Thats 3 words, just saying :joy:

3 Likes

I have used these guys before. £4.05 for five complete sets. UK (Blackpool) based. Quickly sent, good for all sorts of cables and sundries.

2 Likes

I’ve used that seller quite a few times as well. :+1:

1 Like

Use a multimeter to determine that balance wire order, but as everyone else has said be very careful!

1 Like

Cheers for the advice! I’m gonna make sure I’m doing it over a flowerpot, and I’m going to label each wire and confirm that I’ve done the right order. Plus I’ll double check it against one of my other identical batteries.

You’ve got the Red and the Neg (black end one left in the broken plug) then check the voltages of the others, from the first positive (red) the voltage will drop around 3.7v per cell.

Sadly not - that’s a middle bit of the balance plug. The neg is one of the loose wires methinks.

Oh the neg will be the one you get full voltage on then

Indeed, it should be fairly simple to work out which is which. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still buzzing from today’s flying. That was just spectacularly good fun! I’ve loved getting to the flying point and having done pretty much all of it by myself, learning on YouTube and not needing someone to teach me as when I first started R/C flying so many years ago.

1 Like

That was intentional and I didn’t crash haha! p.s. I’m a bit weirded out by all the FPV pilots saying acrobatics when it’s supposed to be aerobatics. Yeah, language isn’t static. I suppose I’m olding out here.

6 Likes