First flights

Hi all, joined this forum quite a while ago but not flown a Dron until this week. I bought 2 (starter) drones so nothing special. Took the JJRC78G out Wednesday and it was ok but as under 250g was hard to control in the 10mph wind, either that or just not too good at holding position. Then Thursday I took my HS720 out and that was excellent, managed to fly it exactly as I wanted, wish I had more than the one battery though. Next time will look to take some pictures or video but not sure if the quality of this drone but happy at the moment.

9 Likes

Well done. Doesn’t matter what your flying. Just enjoy the experience.

2 Likes

Well done :clap::clap::clap:

Flying anything for the first time is always a nervous experience. Flying a maiden in less than ideal conditions even more so.

Nidge

2 Likes

Thanks

Thanks

Well done, it’s nerve wracking the first time you fly something, irrespective of its price!
Hope you enjoyed it and look forward to seeing any pictures or videos! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks

Take as much time as you need dude, took me three flights to get above 5m! Fly to your abilities, be mindful of the wind, read up and watch YT vids, learn from others mistakes, but most importantly… ENJOY!

Sounds like a successful first flight, much better than mine where I crashed the drone into my car and broke 2 props, and the second where I broke 1 prop hitting the floor.

Well done, as the others have said any drone is better than no drone and it does take some nerves to have that first flight with whatever you got , keep up the good work it’s all fun from here on in .

Thanks, will do
I must admit I was in the middle of a big field well away from any trees!!

Thanks

started with a hubsan and that got me hooked on drones. Amazing gadgets drones.

That’s what worries the wife, she said if you like it I bet you go mad and spend a fortune!!
I didn’t tell her how much I enjoyed it lol

1 Like

Welcome to the club Colin and I’m sure you will enjoy as you learn new skills and take it up higher and further away ( within the rules of course) it’s a great hobby, gives you exercise out in the fresh air getter closer to nature I’m loving it all again myself so happy flying .

Although I have only flown the Holy Stone HS720 once without any problems I am really worried about it flying off or crashing as I joined a HS Facebook group and there are a lot of reports of them having problems, lots of moaning going on. Some are saying pilot error others due to interference where they are flying but it’s got me worried!