First foray into the FPV world

…if it ever stops raining and/or blowing a gale :frowning:

It will be interesting to see if my 61yo reflexes are up to learning this new skill without bumping too hard into solid objects, like planet Earth :rofl:

iFlight Titan DC2 with DJI Air unit, DJI V1 goggles, and DJI FPV Controller ( goggles and controller shared with my son who has just upgraded from an Eachine X220S to an iFlight Nazgul )

7 Likes

This FPV malarkey is spreading like a virus :scream:

8 Likes

Great quad :ok_hand:t2:

Heres mine:

8 Likes

That’s a superbly nice set up for a first foray! - will make such a difference to the experience.

Both of those iFlight models are v. fast and are lovely bits of kit.

Have you been practising in a sim? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

First flight with the DC2 today - a bit breezy so conditions not ideal but managed to get through two batteries without any major impacts…

A few bounces on my first flight…but happy that I managed to land in the same county :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No, no sim time prior to first flight - though a couple of hundred hours on DJI drones :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DeanoG60 nice looking bird.
I’ve just checked out Drone Camps RC
He really rates it.
How do you find it?

1 Like

Love it mate, flies extremely well straight out the box. Although I did upgrade mine to Crossfire :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Yeah his in on crossfire. He also said it was perfectly set up

Not a bad price either, it’s also got the Caddx Vista HD

1 Like

It does give an option for 4 or 6s different motors and esc’s I would presume. :thinking:

Give up Steve (that’s me telling myself off) you have enough toys.

Tell you what, it’s bloody addictive this.

:drooling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve got the 4s analogue version. If you’re looking at it you’d be better off getting the HD version :+1:t2: although would work with your Fusion module if you did wanna get the anologe version :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Just to add my son has now flown the Nazgul, and loves it - reckons it is just so smooth and precise compared to his old Wizard. It is the 6S version with Caddx Vista HD system

5 Likes

I’m on the simulator and your better at it then me well done :scream::scream::scream:

Seriously I’m glad I’m training as I definitely need more time to train my fingers muscle memory as I do fly ok through caps in trees and fences, but when it comes to buildings and narrow caps this gets my fingers forgetting what it’s supposed to do. :+1:

3 Likes

I can see a flood of fpv videos popping up this summer on here!

7 Likes

no we are after your speed freaks record lol

2 Likes

FPV smashes will be this summers popular videos. :scream::scream::scream::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Sorry I withdrew this post I put it in the wrong thread sorry

Out of interest how much is a full setup like this ready to go? will it take a gopro or similar?
thanks

My small DC2 would probably struggle with a fullsize GoPro on it, though the onboard video quality is pretty reasonable ( 1080P60 ), but I believe people do fly them with naked GoPros or similar cameras. The Nazgul my son flies has no problem lifting a Hero 9 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Flight 3 and starting to get the hang of it a little - soon be time to try horizon mode :slight_smile:

This is the 720p60 recording from the goggles

5 Likes