First noob videos from North Cyprus

btw - sorry @AndyT - your thread has gone rather magnetic! :wink:

1 Like

Haha no worries, all good info :blush:

2 Likes

Continuing the magnetic interference theme another step, and following up on my comments last evening …

Anticipating my future The Needles Lighthouse exercise, I wanted to explore two things …
a) ability to launch from a steel platform, and
b) the ability to land without stopping the motors, and then take off again, so as to not update the RTH location.

A 10 ton rated manhole cover was my steel platform test … and made no difference. No warnings, etc.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that a MASSIVE steel platform at the intended location won’t cause a problem. More testing needed.

As to the non-motor-stop landing …I disabled the “Precision Landing” and the “Landing Protection” … and, as you can see, it can land without motors turning off (like my P2).
The difficulty, landing on the intended, distant, object is there there’s a very slight window between “landing” and “motors off” during which one needs to release the sticks. More practice needed.

Edit: That’s also 2.5 tons of Shogun ironmongery (with MOT challenging rust!) within 1m to the left.

1 Like