The second farmer I asked for a fallow field to practice my drone flying said yes! So off I go. The field is mahoosive with 2 large trees and a load of manure and lots of 20mm diameter stubble about 300mm long. Chilly breeze but the sun was out.
Things I learnt:
- Hold the controller differently.(I kept hitting the photo button).
- Make sure my tablet is on max brightness cos I couldn’t see the screen very well for the 1st battery.
- It’s damn hard to coordinate.
- 1st hand catch on the 2nd battery. Took off from my tablet box with 1st battery, and cos I couldn’t see the screen, had to do RTH and it didn’t land on the box…surprise!
- Don’t set the yaw too low…it’ll use the battery up doing a 360. lol
- Looks like I got hours and hours of practice to come.
Most of all tho’, it makes you appreciate how good others are at getting smooth footage.
Just a footnote…I rang Warner Holidays about drone flying at their premises and was told it was down to the individual centre. I will update any info I receive.