Flamborough Head - Added to Coastal Scenery in Unknown

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Take off stright from car park near lighthouse plenty of open spaces.

Flamborough Head is a promontory, 8 miles (13 km) long on the Yorkshire coast of England, between the Filey and Bridlington bays of the North Sea. It is a chalk headland, with sheer white cliffs. The cliff top has two standing lighthouse towers, the oldest dating from 1669 and Flamborough Head Lighthouse built in 1806. The older lighthouse was designated a Grade II* listed building in 1952 and is now recorded in the National Heritage List for England, maintained by Historic England.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 18/07/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

8 Likes

Just be careful when its busier there or when the car park attendants are down, they don’t like you taking off from there, but plenty of space down towards the cliffs including several benches.

Also on the parking thing, blue badge holders still have to pay even though they are displaying a badge, friend got bitten on that one.

Great food at the Headlands Cafe at the side of the car park and council run toilet facilities available.

Thanks for great info

John

1 Like

Lovely, great photo. Did a bit of flying there myself near the drinking dinosaur in 2020, must get back soon.

I went there the other week but it was rammed with people enjoying the weather so I didn’t fly my drone. It’ll keep for another time.

Video I did of Flamborough Head

I’ve flown here too @john768 :grin:

1 Like