Flight Characteristics Air 2/2S

Can’t say on the Air 2, but the Mini 2 if I just fly forward and yaw left or right it will stay flat. I am sure I am almost sure :man_shrugging: I think :thinking:

1 Like

that’s it mate, that’s what I’d call normal Flight. DJI are now bringing in this new banking method which is frustrating.

Thats because its a super tanker (read pig to fly, imho)

1 Like

I was 100% certain the A2S and Mini2 flew the same. Then I doubted myself, now I haven’t got a scooby what a drone is!

Think my Mini 2 still fly’s ‘normally’

Thats why you can’t hit the speed record, I’m sure mine banks, or might be how I fly it ;o)

Oh don’t you start, that’s it now, Charge the Mini I will, beat the record I must! :joy:

Go Steve !!!

With regards to this Flight characteristic, there is absolutely nothing on the world wide web of anyone else mentioning it!
It seems I’m the only guy that’s noticed it or has a problem with it. :joy:

So it’s “Turn Assist” a la iNav :slightly_smiling_face:

Turn assist is now what I’ll call it. :joy:

I hope they let us toggle this on/off in future updates :crossed_fingers:t4:

You’ve made me wanna go check mine now too lol I swear mine banks when I’m turning at any kind of speed :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what it’s supposed to do, but that’s different to how the Mavic 2 flew. :+1:t4:

1 Like

But surely if you are flying along at speed and just yaw to the left if it didn’t bank the iniertia would have it going mainly sideways? :thinking:

You’d have loved atti

The Mavic 2 would drift around the corner not fly around it face first.

Another way to describe it… the Air 2 corners like its on rails whereas the Mavic 2 cornered like it was on racing slicks on a wet track.

Sounds sloppy to me mate good thing you got an upgrade :+1:t2: :laughing:

1 Like

In all seriousness, apart from the fact that the Air 2 S handles better how are you finding it so far?

He probably finds it a bit slow, like his Mini 2.

1 Like

Seriously interested, joking aside, as its the first big boy drone I’ve had and I (believe it or not) fully respect Steve’s opinion.

1 Like