Flight Controller

Well my new FC has arrived and silly me for thinking it would be a case of plug and play…

So iv got my head round the fact iv got to do some of the dreaded soldering only to be faced with what looks like totally different wiring lay out.

Does this make sense to anyone :thinking:

And if that doesn’t sense then whats with the connectors being different sizes ??? :crazy_face:

You. Will. Solder.

Death, taxes and soldering. You can be sure of these things

1 Like

Is the one your replacing the V2? If so it’s discontinued so you will need the V3 fc that it looks like you’ve got. They must have made a few changes :thinking:

Yah changing from V2 to V3

But how the hell is a guy supposed to work out whats what ???

1 Like

All the wiring diagrams are near the bottom of this page :+1:t2:

1 Like

It has various rx configurations (take note of the different pads you need to solder depending on which rx you’re using). Plus digital camera wiring (again take note of which pads you need to link with solder). It also has the betaflight configuration for each set up too

1 Like

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

What receiver are you using? Is it crossfire or sbus?

If it’s the one I was looking at, at the big meet hes using the full DJI FPV system so the VISA is the RX as hes using the DJI radio :+1:t2: so its SBUS

1 Like

OK cool so it should be this part you need to set up and link the pads circled in red with solder. Then set the uarts in betaflight as shown

1 Like

Lift the tabs and swap them over. One is probably for the DJI air unit and the smaller one will be for the vista

1 Like

Cheers buddy Iv just worked it out :+1:t3:

Im looking at soldering the wrong end :man_facepalming:t3:,got to tag the wires to the vista, full strip down job now …

1 Like

Surely the wires are already soldered to the vista? If you don’t want to do any soldering then just swap the connector just make sure you follow the wiring diagram and get the wires in the correct order?

1 Like

The original board doesn’t use connectors Deano so he won’t have the pins as its all soldered to the board

1 Like

Ahhh ok, so yeah time to de solder the vista and solder on the wires of the connector lol again making sure you double check the wires are in the correct order.

Also if you don’t own a smoke stopper I highly suggest you invest in one :+1:t2:

May I suggest this one: VIFLY ShortSaver 2 | Drone Authority

At least once he has done it, it will be easier to take apart in the future :+1:t2:

1 Like

Have fun mate.

I’ve just had to solder in a new fc today myself

1 Like

It’s being attacked by a giant octopus :octopus: :scream:

1 Like

Was it faulty Howard or doing an upgrade?

Faulty but probably caused by user error.

Sorted now and skills upgraded !

2 Likes