Flight plans

will try next time, thanks

Hi mockingbird71 have you had any issues at all the reviews on the app some say stay clear becoz of flyaways

1 Like

Litchi?

I have not experienced flyaway on either, I did put a waypoint in error and didnā€™t check . but it came back ok. that was scary. I use a mavic 2 pro

I would suggest those flyaways were due ā€œuser errorā€.

ie. people incorrectly programming their waypoints on a mission

3 Likes

you should check the route before you take off.

I may give it a try for 20 quid its worth a shot :+1:

2 Likes

its so easy to touch the screen and add another waypoint , so be careful whatever you use

1 Like

Nearly all my mission planning is done on my laptop.

So much easier and more precise.

You can use VLM, too, to create Google Earth visualisations of how footage will look.

VLM = Virtual Litchi Mission.

3 Likes

its worth checking the flight plan at the location , if the maps not up to date there could be obstacles , eg trees and other things that are not obvious on the map from google . just be carful

Iā€™ve managed to use it regularly for over two years without a problem. :wink:

I nearly flew a mission that the map was out of date , and there was a tree branch that was farther out than the map said. I now set the route on site unless I know the area im flying in

If youā€™re flying between, or close to, trees, then Iā€™d suggest a Litchi Mission isnā€™t a good idea.

1 Like

it was just one tree that was the problem , lucky I spotted it before it did any damage. wont be doing that in any hurry again . I tend to recce the area before I start the mission , then start it , its safer that way

Are there any third party apps like Litchi for the Mavic Mini? The DJI Fly app is quite basic.

Not yet, DJI havenā€™t yet released a SDK for the Mini.

But they will :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll look forward to that.

I might well be the only one here, but I get a slight buzz when my drone heads off in to the (not too far) distance under its own steam thanks to Litchi. The thrill of praying that it comes back / doesnt hit anything / have I programmed it correctly / has it enough battery does it for me. :grin:

I get that warm fuzzy feeling when I spot it on the horizon as its heads back ā€˜homeā€™ bristling with video and photos. Its how Iā€™d imagine Iā€™d feel after not seeing a favourite pet for a month or so despite the fact that its only been away for 15 mins. :wink:

3 Likes

You should try the ā€œIā€™ll go to the cafĆ© and buy a coffee while I waitā€ kind of buzzy, and warm fuzzies!

2 Likes

Thats brill! I must try that :rofl:

Thats next level waypoint flying that is. Thats my goal! lol

2 Likes