Fly time jitters

Hi paul m ,i had the same jitters,still do at times ,as stated by others,set your RTH altitude higher than you need to,and as i have,set my critical battery warning at 30%,works for me,but as i get more confident,i may change to 20-25%:+1:t2::+1:t2:

All good replies ,we’ve all had those nervy moments in the early days . To take it a step further it would give more confidence using Epson movario glasses. I keep promising to buy some as they work well with dji drones.

I’m sorry but, whilst I’ve never used them (goggles), I’m afraid I have to disagree with you on this one, in principle.

You’re adding in yet another layer of complexity that has to be learnt … and, if someone’s not confident with flying using normal sight, I think it’s not going to help to add that extra level of potential confusion. IMO.

Simplification is key to gaining confidence.

You may be right . Though if you used them from the start youd adapt. Not me but would be second nature to a younger person or anyone whose use to gaming. They do look fantastic to use. Would love to hear from anyone here who uses Movarios.

They certainly have their uses, and I can imaging uses where I’d find them invaluable (tho not often enough for me to have bought) … but that wouldn’t include initial learning to fly a drone where special awareness is key … Nintendo generation or not.

Some of the best drone flying practice I’ve done has been with a £15 micro in the living room. If that had FPV that would link to Movarios … I think the results would be … interesting! :wink:

I would love to try the Epson Movarios some time, out of interest, and might even invest, at some point. I’m certainly not against them … after basic learning to fly, tho.

Is I’m just learning and don’t have a spotter, I’m afraid FPV goggles should not be used… at least that’s what I’ve been told.

1 Like