Flying abroad - Cyprus

Just landed at paphos airport in Cyprus. Waiting in baggage reclaim and spotted a big banner headed ‘Are you a drone pilot’. It proceeded to give a concise list of do’s and dont’s, excellent stuff

2 Likes

Unless the Dos were “Go home!” and the Don’ts were “Don’t come to Paphos”, of course. :wink:

But that is good that they appreciate the need for the information.

Can you take a pic of the sign and post?

I moved this thread over to the Travel-Tips category, too. :wink:

1 Like

It was things like vlos, fly only in daylight & good weather, 8km from airfields, max height 50m. I’ll try and get a picture on my way back

1 Like

Thanks!

Don’t try and fly to Turkish side like this guy across the Nato line

Well, he has to be Europe’s biggest twat, from the videos I have seen of his exploits !

1 Like

Hi, I’m off to Cyprus in November with work and looking for advice over what I should be doing… I’ve checked the laws there and registered as it’s free. I’ve got Lipo bag and battery terminal covers…

Is there anything else I should be thinking about or should do?

I’m just hoping weather is good because my wee mavic Air hasn’t flown for a few weeks with the rubbish weather.

1 Like

Yes drain the batteries to 50 percent and show them going through security. Who are you flying with?

Moved your post to a pre-existing thread about Cyprus.

Good idea

Cool thank you was having fun trying to find stuff on my phone

1 Like

Also good tip on the batteries. Will be flying Military over there so have to look at their regulations for carrying a drone in hand luggage

Woah OK DEFO check that also what airline are you flying with?

Hi, can tell me what i need to fly a drone in cyprus, l’m new to flying drones, i have a dji mini 3 pro

Many thanks

Dave.

Hi Dave @DirectDrones we’ve moved your post over here to a dedicate thread on flying in Cyprus :smiley:

Newbie question…

I’m going to Cyprus in a few weeks and looking forward to taking my shiny new mini 4 pro. I know I need to get the EASA cert/registration (and the Cyprus documentation will be in English, so that’s an obvious option) but I was wondering if there’s a guide on the best place to get your qualifications ahead of a trip to Europe. I’ve seen Ireland, Cyprus and Luxembourg mentioned in other posts - each with different price and length of validity of the cert.

Is there a ‘best’ place to get this in terms of cost, ease of access and length of cert?

Thanks in advance!
Simon

Simon @LondonSi72 we’ve moved your post to an existing topic that covers flying in Cyprus.

Hi Simon ,
Well been there and done It , Thanks to Club Members Input , Yes you Have AESA / EASA ID For Europe / Brussels , But would Suggest ( IAA ) IE Ireland , Straight Forward with a small Fee , but it worth it , I hope this Helps ,
Regards Alex , / Yorky , Dragon Fly , Pro 4 ,

1 Like

Thanks, but my question was less about flying in Cyprus specifically, and more about EASA requirements and best place to acquire the certs before heading over there. The Cyprus thread you moved my question to is pretty old and doesn’t appear to be very active.