Flying down a Scottish hill road with the Mavic Air

It was on this trip (but not this flight) that my mate flew my beloved Mavic Air into a pine forest never to be seen again! This is what caused me to rush out and upgrade to the Mavic 2 Pro which was a great purchase. However, this just goes to show what you get from the humble Mavic Air! RIP old friend!

PS - apart from the early POI shot on top of hill with 6 wheel Argo-Cat, everything else is me flying manually, sometimes in sports mode to keep up, from the passenger seat of the moving Landrover!!! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Nice one Glenn
Must have used a few batteries…

All done on 2 batteries!!! one for the top of hill in the argo and the flight in landy was done in a single shot on a single battery!!! I was surprised too! Obviously all FAA rules were adhered too, as I was in the landrover with full line of sight to drone and less than 500m at all times! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Must have been at least 3 miles!

Wow. Incredible shots? Where about a was this? I wanted to take mine to the areas I was riding around earlier this year (lochness and applecross), but it’s all restricted land :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah I noticed that over the back of the West Coast its all military danger zones! This was near Aviemore near the Cairngorm National Park, checked the air space and all clear, however its still not uncommon for a low flying hercules to zip over so you gotta watch out! This is a private road as I was working for the estate but you could walk up there with the right to roam!

Amazing mate. Very jealous :slight_smile:

1 Like