Flying over water

https://youtu.be/XHBw8p8jTYg

Turns out not the same but still think centre of gravity would be an issue

Interesting to note he saves the drone & how

1 Like

Honestly, I couldnā€™t watch till the end. Made me far too nervous. I canā€™t help wondering what it was about his drone that made it a ā€œbad boyā€ :alien:

Something about flying over water that is awesome especially if your close to the water, although ass twitching is also very fun. That house on the bank, is that your place? :heart_eyes:
Great video, would of preferred some music to bop to whilst watching but loved it!

This is really important concerning a discussion I was reading about live streaming with the Mavic Mini and I donā€™t know how to find the gentleman who was disappointed because the Maverick Mini doesnā€™t do live streaming so hereā€™s a link to my friend who is going to show you how to live stream with the Mavic mini with a third-party application sorry that Iā€™m posting like this but I donā€™t know how to post on this site yet and I know this information is important for the gentleman who wants to live stream with his mavic Mini
I wish you all a great day as for me itā€™s time to sleep

2 Likes

Ed says why the water causes drones so much hassle in the video!

Could it be that under certain conditions the infra red breaks though and see the bottom when at other times itā€™s reading the surface hence the bouncing action of the drone with
Sensors on But why when off ? Is it air turbulence do you think But why does it not do that when landing on a solid surface?

1 Like

Is that the same as switching off downward sensors @callum ?

Only asking as I picked up my M2P a couple of weeks ago and Iā€™m still tweaking options in DJI GO.

I switched off downward sensors but noticed yesterday whilst flying very slowly over still water, that she was ā€˜twitchingā€™ā€¦

Ned

1 Like

That was on MP and few years ago.

I donā€™t switch off anything with the M2P over water and not had any issues.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm. I thought the received wisdom was to switch off downward sensors when flying over water at low altitude.

(I should have mentioned that the ā€˜twitchingā€™ I observed was when I was 6ft above the surface.)

Ned

1 Like

Like I said I used to follow that with the MP just because I heard itā€™s what you should do.

Not done so with M2P and Iā€™ve had it cross Loch Lomond at 45mph a foot above the water trying to break speed record.

2 Likes

Video? Or it didnā€™t happen :wink:

1 Like

Donald Cambellā€™s water-speed record?

1 Like

:joy:

Iā€™ll try dig one out.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it, you know itā€™s low if you can see prop wash or the reflection :wink:

2 Likes

Epic! Youā€™re a braver man than I Sir! :+1:

1 Like

I was flying over the sea the other day with the MA1 in sport mode with no issues, Iā€™d say I was a good bit over 1m from the surface though. There were some cracking waves coming in and I thought I was getting some nice video, get home to check and Iā€™ve only taken a couple of photos :sob: :rofl: :rofl: Idiot.

1 Like

I think weā€™ve all done that :slight_smile: