Flying with friends

Little trip up on the hills this evening with a friend who’s just starting out in the drone world trying to get him to make the leap to DJI from his Hubsan :smirk:

15 Likes

If he’s just starting out maybe let him learn on the Hubsan for a little while longer - he’ll be a better pilot for it in the end…
It’s just because dji are so good.
I initially learned on a Walkera - terrible quad, very hard to fly - I was offered a good deal on a Phantom 2 on my first day at the model flying club - best advice was “don’t buy it, they’re too easy - learn on that heap of sh1t - if you can fly that you can fly anything”.
Don’t know that the last bit came true… :grinning:

Nice pics BTW

3 Likes

Fabulous shots, thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I agree, he’s been flying his Hubsan for a bout 6 months and I know he just wants that quality in his photos as well as video stability. I let him have a fly in my M2P and his face was a picture. :heart_eyes::ok_hand: could see he instantly fell in love.

Maybe the M2P would be slightly too advanced but I did recommend the MA2. :ok_hand:

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

The guy I flew with made the leap! He now owns the Mavic Air 2 :grin:
Been flying with him tonight and he’s like the cat that got the cream :drooling_face:

3 Likes

@Bmturl, ill get you on this one mate :+1: although I mentioned you had a husband when actually you had a stone something :wink:

Hubsan not husband :unamused:

2 Likes

:rofl: gotta love auto correct

2 Likes

New phone as well so its got to learn my lingo :crazy_face:

1 Like

Stunning photos McSteamy! How do you get such amazing contrast? I hope to be able to take pics like these oneday :crossed_fingers:t2: :grin:

1 Like

the Mavic 2’s 1" sensor helps alot but mostly all done in post, if you haven’t already, download the SNAPSEED app, its amazing for editing photos. I’m sure @milkmanchris would agree :+1:

2 Likes

It just lends itself very well for forum/social media photos.

Sometimes aerial photos can lack contrast and SS helps to get something back, its not to everyones taste, but I wish I had something similar when I was a young apprentice tripod carrier in the 80’s. Most weddings back then in the Leeds area were overcast/wet.

2 Likes

And they’re not now? :thinking: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah but folks are happy with uncle bob using his iPhone or new Nikon Curry’s special.

Add a touch of Snapseed and the god awful black and white with the red rose left and they’ve saved a couple of grand for more lambrini.

Not bitter at all.

3 Likes

I have just downloaded snapseed and will give it a try thanks. I want to try AEB photo merging at some point but dont have a great spec laptop to run decent software (well apart from my works laptop but we arent allowed to use these for personal use). Are there any apps that can do simple AEB merging that I can give a go to start with?

1 Like

Yeah I can tell :grin:

2 Likes

Not sure about apps, but there is Lightroom for PC’s its not that draining on the CPU and might be worth a try.

1 Like

Must be difficult nowadays with technology getting better and easy to use for the average joe bloggs to reasonable results. Still theres no substitute to a pro for the big occasions imho :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Stopped doing weddings in the late 90’s (when digital came along) and moved onto sport.

Still do the occasional one for friends and family, but there are so many good youngsters who will do a days work for a couple of hundred quid, so leave it to them.

2 Likes

Flying with @Bmturl this evening at Burrow Mump

3 Likes