Flywoo explorer setup

Stock stock stock…

I’d get around 4 of them BTW!

1 Like

There was a thread very recently asking about UK parts suppliers, but my search skills have failed to find it. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

My go-to parts places, in roughly this order, are

Half the fun of the hobby is tracking down someone who’s actually got the part you want in stock.

As for the battery, the key parameters are

• Voltage (1S - 6S) - what you need will be determined by what your quad can cope with
  • Power (mAh) - essentially, the bigger the number, the longer it will keep you in the air
  • ‘C’ rating - Deano has already covered this
  • Connector type - Don’t overlook this :grin: I think yours has an XT30
  • Size and shape - they come in all shapes and sizes; some will fit your quad better than others

As to your particular requirements, Flywoo has this to say about your quad: Flight times of way over ten minutes on a regular 850mah 4S LiPo battery are easily achievable!

So something like this should be fine to get you going.

At 80g, I’m not sure how that compares for weight with the one you already have.

Edit: One final point, your quad is supposed to be a long range cruiser, so it may not require such a high ‘C’ rating as something you’d be trying to rip around a bando at Mach 6. Certainly, I don’t think Li-ions are capable of sustained high-rate discharge.

1 Like

also before you order learn the difference between an XT60 and an XT30 connector. as what ever connector is on your drone you’ll need the matching connector on your battery :+1:t2:

as Jez stated above… :ok_hand:t2:

and @gunja99 further above :slight_smile:

mate I’m so busy I’m not even reading the whole thread… :rofl: no offence intended :+1:t2:

Heheh I know, also the issue when 3 people replying at same time! None taken! :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Lol ok thanks everyone, i will check what connector i have later and look to buy the right battery, i will check for a final time before buying.

Cheers

This… packing space is limited. Taking my sort of drones would be a pain…

Guys i have been out twice today and both times i have crashed almost immediately within seconds!! Good lord this is going to get frustrating and expensive isnt it hahaha. The good thing is the second time i lasted slighly longer so im hoping if i keep doing that soon i might last a minute hopefully by then i havent spent all my wages

The first time i went to the bando in woburn and as soon as i got it up everything just happened so fast and before you know it id gone to high and panicked then dropped it from about 20ft in the air luckily onto grassy sand round there. The outcome a broken prop.

Second time took to local field after replacing the prop and got abit further and managed to control abit but then once again crashed and the result of this one was a broken arm, luckily i had spare ones of what i broke but i can now see i need to plan ahead for when these break over my next few flights no doubt!!

1 Like

Takes me back to my youth ;o)

Keeping going

2 Likes

Simulator mate
Download freerider trial. Its free

1 Like

I have used liftoff and felt that I got good enough to fly in real life and tbf I think I will be ok I just need a few flights to get used to it and also would help to have had enough time controlled flight so I could of got my goggles on. I think next time I’m just going to get it up then stick the goggles on straight away as that’s how I’m used to flying and my view being like on liftoff

AHH that’s frustrating,

Turns out what I thought was spare arms is in actual fact some struts obviously to help with impact such as what I’ve had tonight? I didn’t even realise, just assumed as they looked like the arms they were spares, hindsight is wonderful. If only I had them on might of meant i could have saved the arm break.

Now I’m going to have to no doubt wait for weeks for new ones to come from flywoo, hopefully I can get them someone’s else online I will look.

Picture below shows two struts, what I thought were spare arms and the end of my front left arm

Acro los is difficult. You’ll be ok in the goggles

Yes line of sight acro… no thanks. Angle for that, get the goggles on straight off the bat :wink:

SOrry for the broken arm (one thing I’ve never done amazingly… oops shouldnt have said that!), hopefully get a spare soon, thats why you always need n+1 drones, where n is the number you have :smiley:

Well done on perservering!

Thanks mate, just ordered some more and spare props x 2 and 2 arms as well from flywoo, take weeks for them to get here but got that plus £10 delivery altogether came to $23 so £19 quid where other sites in usa were saying £20 plus 20-40 for delivery! Crazy.

I’ll put the struts on now I know that I was meant to! and hopefuly in a few weeks I can get back at it and last abit longer.

1 Like

Does anyone have a 3d printer and print their own parts on here? Is that possible for me to do for a temporary fix until my new parts come from China?

Sorry to hear you broke an arm Chris but that is something that happens reasonably regular so dont beat yourself up man. If you want parts a bit quicker you can order a whole frame kit from YourFPV (good UK supplier) and then you will have spare everything!

“FLYWOO EXPLORER LR 4’’ | Your FPV Drones, Buy Online, UK” https://yourfpv.co.uk/product/flywoo-explorer-lr-4-frame-kit-v2-hd/

Aw cheers mate, I am well bummed out by it man, just got the feel of it and then instantly stalled by needing parts I don’t have!

Your idea did sound good and I was going to do that but it says they have no stock. As I am starting to realise and you guys have pointed out the stock levels and cost of delivery is what makes it so expensive and frustrating isn’t it haha.

2 Likes