Nalin's 5" FPV Quad thread šŸ˜Š

Youā€™re too young :laughing: :rofl: :rofl:

The radio is nice. I believe it has a usb port for sim practice?

Please let me know as my offer to buy the unit stands and spare you the trouble of a lottery ā€¦ or drawing straws ( if we want to stay legal).

I donā€™t know what I am letting myself in to here (in terms of flying it) but but but the offer stands.

Nalin itā€™s yours, @Steviegeek will be in touch to arrange payment and shipping/collection :+1:

Edit: Check your PM messages

Frustration, time, massive learning curveā€¦ Loads of money (youā€™ll want a load more batteries, props, charger, etc)ā€¦ But most of allā€¦ AN EXCLLENT LOAD OF FUN!!! :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Practice alot in the sims over the winter period and then bring the quad along to this years Big Meet and you will get plenty of help and tuition from all the FPV lads that attend :+1:t2:

Thanks Stevie. Please let me know next steps.

Great. Plan to be there again at the big meet. I didnā€™t know there was a simulator. Thatā€™s very useful. Itā€™s a good price for whatā€™s on offer. I have learnt that nothing and I mean it nothing beats practice and taking responsibility and safety first approach in this art.

Looking forward to this. Head is spinning already!

Plenty of simulators. Once you get the radio you should be able to hook it up to your PC/Mac and play and learn. The learning curve is steep, but playing hours and hours of SIM will make the real world a lot easier. Depending on the power of your PC look at velocidrone (IMO the most realistic SIM and not too resource intensive), or liftoff (if your PC a little more powerful). Also start watching Joshua Bardwell videos! Welcome to the world of FPV, which is very different from the DJI/flying tripods way of flying :slight_smile:

1 Like

you talked me out of it

loads of learning. Thatā€™s good. At this age, learning anything helps to keep your mind sharp I guess. been forced to learn Cyber security in the last 15 weeks due to increased threat levels across the board and itā€™s not easy but challenging helps you a lot. Especially when itā€™s blunt!

Anymore useful advice will be welcome as someone said I need batteries, charger etc. So any pointers would be helpful please. Thanks all.

that forum might be worth reading through.

Sure thereā€™s some useful guides on learning all the abreviations, etcā€¦ Oscar Liangs site nice if you rather read than view videos.

To buyā€¦ Iā€™d recommend a few more batteries, 3/4 in total is a good start. (HobbyRC, Unmannedtech, yourfpv all good sites for getting parts from whats in stock.) If you donā€™t have a Lipo charger look into getting one of those ISDT ones are good (may or may not need a power supply, depending if you). A prop tool would be useful. Itā€™s a 5inch youā€™ve bought (possibly the easiest in a lot of ways), powerful and fun!

Also when you buy a charger, batteries, get another 5-10 sets of propellorsā€¦ theyā€™re consumables, and I reckon min I use 2 sets per session (fortunately theyā€™re only a couple of pounds for a set of 4!)

Watch betaflight videos. Also if you get into it and learn more and more, soldering and repair is a good skill to have!

Have a read around, and ask questions on that self build FPV category. Weā€™ve all been new to this at one point, and everyone here is a brilliant help!! Weā€™ll hold your hand, but you will get there eventually :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who edited this to [SOLD] ?
Itā€™s not gone through yet :man_shrugging:t3:

:man_shrugging:

Iā€™ve sent you a PM
Pay via PayPal, include carriage cost if you want me to ship out.
As soon as payment made Iā€™ll pack it all up and ship next day
:grinning:

Fair comment, my bad, Iā€™ll choose my words more carefully next time :man_facepalming:

All done Stevie. Hope you got my reply to your PM. I am just waiting at the door now for the door bell to ring!

Thank You, funds received :+1: packing it up tonight for you.

Just a general note to all, when paying on PayPal try to use the ā€˜friends and familyā€™ option.
It does not incurr any costs.

2 Likes

This post is so helpful. Thanks for this. I have soldering skills mostly for very mundane tasks. I struggling to figure out the spec for the charger I need to source. When i go to hobbyRC or unmannedtech the list of chargers available is seemingly endless it seems. If you can, please point me in the right direction there. Thanks.

I use this mostly. Dirt cheap. But you need another lipo to run it

This will run off the mains

Both out of stock, but should give you and idea.

1 Like