FPV Drone Fest

I’ll just leave this here @group-fpv

Just to point out I have just found this. I haven’t had a chance to look into it and don’t know all the details but it looks pretty cool to me on first look

4 Likes

Great find. I’m in. Pricey like

1 Like

Considering it’s location I think GADC need to send a big contingent :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

I was thinking that. Think it’s accessible to fly at anyway. Maybe a good place for a meet and not pay £60 for the pleasure.

I am from Yorkshire after all :joy:

Hi Howard
Yes this place has been featured on YT many times and is on our list for one day

This is from one of our GADC members

5 Likes

HeHe :rofl: :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah they didn’t think that through when deciding where to hold it I guess :rofl:

2 Likes

“That’s not my fault, that’s just good luck!” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s definitely on my to do list.

Might even go tonight to have a look :metal:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hmm. I suddenly find myself with nothing to do this evening and it’s only 40min away.

Although I’m also tempted to spend all night re-watching Twenty Twelve and making an “I’m from Yorkshire” compilation reel.

2 Likes

Scrap that. Pissing it down here - as usual.

Very tempted to go the event though. Even as a spectator.

Can’t see you getting much flight time for £60 and I’m not sure they’ve grasped the issue with DJI and Analogue judging by the comments on the video.

1 Like

Funny you should mention that. I don’t know who they are, syncfpv is judging, who is well known in fpv, but tickets are still available. And he didn’t seem well organised in what they were doing. Bit like the big meet :rofl:

£60 is effin steep. But if you can camp, not too bad for 3 days. I reckon 3 pilots in the air every 10 mins?

1 Like

I urban explorered this place years ago and climbed the winding gear, I can share a link to the pictures if anyone interested.
Its an awesome place :grinning:

5 Likes

It’s great that they are doing an event like this and I’ll definitely attend in some capacity or another.

Not sure if I’ll be flying though. I’m not that good that I’d like a 100 spectators watching me crash and burn.

1 Like

Definitely do. I’d be interested in that

1 Like

Link to my urban exploring pictures of Clipstone colliery winding house, these were taken on a little fuji camera before I got a dslr

6 Likes

Awesome - thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Fascinating, thanks for posting :clap: :smiley:

2 Likes

Actually started watching Magicfpv’s YouTube and I’ll take that back.

Seems very knowledgeable and a pretty slick pilot too. I definitely need to level up

2 Likes

So thats me, @Howard78 and @speatuk heading down as spectators for the day, and probably going for a fly either en route or way back

Any one else planning on making up the GADC contingent ?

3 Likes