FPV Wings Recommendations

This is more out of curiosity at the moment to be honest but have been looking at the Parrot FPV Disco Wing. This is obviously out of production now but even secondhand used people want £400+ and on amazon they are £799! :astonished:
Are there any decent alternatives that you guys would recommend? Cheers

1 Like

Hi Steve
Do you want to buy a BNF or scratch build from a kit?

2 Likes

Hey Steve would probably be a BNF to start with but I would be open to all advice and recommendations. I wouldn’t mind building one up myself if that opens up more/better options :+1:t2:

1 Like

Have a look at mine, at the weekend, we can chat then :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Steve :+1:t2:

1 Like

It definitely opens up cheaper options. A wing is just about the cheapest FPV thing you can fly and also some of the most fun. Just depends if you’re wanting GPS autopilot and all that jazz, then they can get a bit tedious to set up.

2 Likes

Thanks Mark they do look like great fun. I’ll have to look into the options available before I make any decisions

I had one that @Steviegeek got me. Not expensive, and you had to build it, but flew real well.
Unfortunately it’s crashed beyond repair :laughing:

@notveryprettyboy Whisky flight Karl? Or did you try to hit a gap and forgot you had a 2M wingspan? :rofl:

Nah mate. I had it flying upside down and everything. It crashed on a take off and loiter mode. I think. Proper piled into the deck. Just waiting for the frame to be available in the uk. It was a z84 wing wing. Great acrobatic plane :+1:

1 Like

This is currently the best buy, UK stock, free carriage all for 40odd squids
Wife paid over 100 at Christmas time for the same thing but out of China warehouse

Mine’s on it’s way :laughing:

1 Like

Damn you. Just bought it! :open_mouth:

That’s just the frame though no? No electronics?

I have the electrics from my totalled z84 :+1:

1 Like

@DeanoG60 @Steviegeek I wonder if it will go up to low clouds :laughing:

1 Like

Are these wings the same as quadcopters in the respect that you can use various fc, vtx, rx etc or do you need specific equipment for specific wings?

1 Like

The only major difference is they need 2 servos. They are real cheap. Plus they only need 1 motor! Instead of 4!

2 Likes

Yep, still cheaper than a quad :innocent:

1 Like

Would I be able to connect something like this up to my current radio (Jumper t-lite) or will I need a new radio?

1 Like

Yes, all the FPV stuff and flight controller is the same as quad stuff
ESC’s used to be from good old model planes, but now you’re better with a BLHeli modern ESC

1 Like