Full moon and set up used

Full moon taken on 22/07/21. 10 images taken on Nikon Z6, through a Williams optics 73 telescope.

12 Likes

Absolutely mint!

1 Like

This was my best effort using a cheap reflector telescope and a smartphone. Pretty rubbish!

2 Likes

Had all my gear for last 5 years but too busy to try it out. Now retired so more time. Practice, practice, practice. Put it all together and couldn’t even get it to focus properly, spend 2.5hrs to get a idea of it. It’s all a learning curve.

2 Likes

The fun part I had was turning the dials to track the orbit. Definitely a new hobby brewing here :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, and more expense, lol.

Great shot. The detail is superb. Since I got the 200-500mm lens I have tried once or twice. This is probably the best I have gotten so far (I added the ‘stars’ in post).

5 Likes

That’s good. Is it a single shot? I think the processing of the images help a lot.

2 Likes

Thanks Richard. It is a straight shot, cropped in by about a third and then I added the ‘stars’ to add a little interest to the blackness. It was shot on a Nikon D750 with Nikon 200-500mm f5.6 ED VR lens at 1/125th second at (I think) f5.6 at ISO 100. I probably need a doubler to get closer though.

1 Like

Here is one I took a while ago with my latest gadget.
It’s great for Galaxies and Nebulae too.

5 Likes

That’s good, and that is what my next goal is going to be, start with andromeda. I have got one I took of the Orion Nebula taken with just a Nikon d800 300mm lens.