Fun and Friendly Edit Challenge - 13th January 2023 - CLOSED

Items were removed from some images in the last competition but had to be replaced with something else ( ie …trees ) is that classed as an addition ?:rofl:……oh no what have I started

mmmhhhhh, never noticed that. I rely on you lot to play fair and don’t really check too much to be honest. It is meant to be for fun afterall. Maybe it’s time to crack the whip and get Tafo back out of the basement for some fun with you lot? If it were trees from the posted image then is that an addition seeing as they were already there? Which image/images? Here was me hoping for an easy Friday night without drama!

I blocked out the road cloning trees, so that’s an addition, guilty as charged your honour I will allow the wife to give me a good beating with a rolled up women’s weekly and lock me in the cupboard under the stairs ( whoops revealing our adult fantasy games to one and all ) :rofl:
It’s a fun and friendly competition :+1:t2:

If it was trees cloned from the original pic then I personally don’t see a problem, it’s not really an addition. You were using parts from the original pic, or at least that’s the way I see it?

Object was added, not moved, let’s not loose any sleep over it your doing a grand job :+1:t2: honestly

My Entry

3 Likes

Technically anything removed will have to be replaced with something else (even if its auto replaced using its immediate surroundings) unless its a crop so imo thats ok.

Given that ‘removing items’ is okay, surely it’s implicit that cloning items already in the picture is also okay? Otherwise we’d just be left with chunks of empty space?

I will admit, I perhaps took it a little far in the latest comp… didn’t expect it to do well in the vote (and it didn’t), but just wanted to see if I could remove an entire village, train line and road. :rofl:

Back in 2021 …

:point_up:

So the consensus so far is pretty clear.
Borders and frames allowed :white_check_mark:
Using any part of the pic that is posted is allowed, it’s part of the original, so it’s not an addition as such :white_check_mark:

Discussion done, the people have spoken, we’re back to where we were, crack on and get your graphics cards maxing out please :clap:

I am trying to, but it is yet to go above 32% usage :joy:

#rtx3090forthewin

you need to go all out “kirky style” mate, get some electrons flowin’ and some current pumpin’ :rofl:

@Challenges_Committee

What about using someone else’s edit that they’ve done and putting a slight twist on it for your own edit, is that allowed :thinking:

There is definitely a story behind that question! :rofl:

Poll is OPEN @group-challenges
And a special mention for @Kirky

You can vote for up to three edits
Please don’t vote for your own, if you do then your edit will be disqualified
Voting is open to all forum members regardless if they have submitted an image or not
Voting will end Thursday 26th Jan at 7pm

2 Likes

The mob has spoken!
In a worthy 3rd place is @rustybarnet AKA Andy, well done me lad :clap: Bringing out that detail lurking in the shadows was no mean feat!
2nd place goes to @SirGunner AKA Steve on what I personally thought was a very simpathetic and warm edit, you made it a place I want to visit :clap:
But first prize goes to @Kings AKA Jim, who erred on the side of caution with “just enough mushrooms” to keep it sane :clap:

Once again we applaud all entrants on some fantastic editing, well done all. I know I’m not meant to have an opinion, but for what it’s worth, I really liked @Nowtleft effort. It was my pick of the bunch and if I could give you a badge I would, but I can’t. So you’ll have to console yourself with the fact that it was the last thing I thought of before going to bed, take of that what you will :rofl:

A new thread shall shortly be opened where @Kings will be invited to post the next image to entertain us

1 Like

Surely there’s a badge for 2nd from last :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nope, a frayed knot

Ohhhhh damnnnnn, sausages :smiley:

@Kings :1st_place_medal:, @SirGunner :2nd_place_medal:, @rustybarnet :3rd_place_medal: … congrats on your winning entries :clap::clap::clap: And to all those other amazing edits :+1: And to @JoeC for great photo :sunrise: