Fun and Friendly Edit Challenge 17th March - Closed

I thought it was me :joy:

1 Like

no sorry needed guys, just pictures :blush:

1 Like

come on @Kirky the pics have been posted for half an hour, get yer skates on loon!

Do you have a RAW version of this Colin?

@Drumsagard Unfortunately no John as I didn’t take RAW photos when I took that one. Sorry.

Thx Keith. I know I could save it out as a DNG file but if the source was a JPG does it improve the editing possibilities? :thinking: Would like to know going fwd. :+1:

1 Like

Not really as a lot of settings are baked in to a jpeg in camera

I used Topaz gigapixel to enlarge it and convert to 16 bit which helps with the editing which is a lot better than PS can do it. The thing is that a Raw file is not pixel based so does not have the same issues till it opens into PS so the more resolution an image has while editing the better then resize down. So enlarging and converting a jpg to 16 bit helps with potential banding.

But certainly not better than a 16 bit RAW file to start with.

And even better is 5 image RAW exposure bracketing or Panoramas.

1 Like

Did you miss the one I uploaded? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are two wetransfer opportunities. I took the last one as being the intended, much as the last uploaded picture is the one intended for judging

As far as I am aware its the one I uploaded :slight_smile:

Found this:

which gave rise to the image I edited … :thinking:

Sorry if I confused you. I can alway remove mine if it’s going to cause issues.

1 Like

No problems. It was only a quick edit anyway. I’ll try the first image instead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you can edit either or both. :thinking: and choose the one you want to put fwd for comp.

Its what I’ve started to do recently but all the ones I’d taken had already been uploaded to GADC threads.

1 Like

Is that how the challenge is supposed to work?

Which files are we using :smiley: I’m confused sorry :grimacing:

:joy::joy: