Fun and Friendly Edit Challenge - 6th January - Closed

Well done all involved - some great edits.

Thanks to John @Drumsagard for the shot to work with and the Challenge Committee for organising it all :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Well done all :clap: :clap:

Can we change the name back?

as I am sure any new and probably some old :grinning: members won’t know what FAFEC means

Isn’t it still called that @Sparkyws ? Or what was it called before, I’ve not been doing these long so I have no idea if it ever had a different name :thinking:
Fun & friendly edit competition I’ve always known what FAFEC means.

1 Like

One of my first posts on these forums was the need for an acronym buster! :wink:

1 Like

That’s what I said, I knew the above.

I spoke about this the other day, so what I’m saying is I knew what FAFEC meant, make sense :scream:

:man_shrugging:

And what about everyone else that doesn’t

Apologies, it was my laziness what made me do it. But yes it makes sense so any newcomers know what it is without having to guess or ask questions.

1 Like

Well done guys ,some great edits :+1: and to @Acedrone Congrats! :clap: :clap: :clap: I deliberately stayed out of this one as I’d already edited it to death, but great to see so many variations on my original subject :+1:

Hence why I told this guy what it meant, so I’m kinda confused now.

Yes those that don’t understand it, so if you guys wish change it

That’s understandable

That’s were the wires got crossed :point_up:t2:as myself said, I didn’t know the poll was open & thought you was referring to my earlier post, with your banter, which is always great rather than being to serious, or on the other hand B####### too it :man_shrugging:t2:

So will the RTF threads now be fully titled as “Reason To Fly”, for the n00bs who don’t know what the FAFEC it means? :man_running: :grin:

Maybe as someone thought

FAFEC meant

I joked, but we genuinely do have jargon and acronym buster knowledge base article at work because there’s so many of them that newbs have no clue.

Generally when writing about something we are encouraged to write the full name in the first use and put the acronym in brackets. The acronym can then be used in the rest of the document (email, whatever)

Could go with a similar approach. To keep thread titles short perhaps use the acronym but make sure it’s properly explained what it means in the first sentence of the challenge post.

1 Like

That was a unexpected surprise!

How I arrived to my edit;
I created an oval blur effect over the building and then I upped the saturation and contrast.

I can post an image late tonight, as I have not got access with me at work, hope this will be ok

Whenever you have spare time Jason, there is no rush. And there is also no requirement to do so by the way, it just helps others out. I’m quite surprised that’s as little as you done though, but more often than not little is better, yeah yeah I know :roll_eyes:

congratz to the winners !!!
very well done guys