Fun and Friendly Edit Comp 9th April - 16th April

This is the new thread for this week’s edit comp. Well done to @Drumsagard @clinkadink @DeanoG60 @Mavic2Pro @MA2flyer @Barny81 for their winning edits this week :clap:t2: :clap:t2::clap:t2:

@clinkadink will add the new wetransfer link for everyone to download shortly :+1:t2:

To enter just download the image from the wetransfer link and edit away with any software you like. When you’re happy with your edit post the final jpeg back here. The winner each week will supply the image for the next comp. If you win but can’t supply an image let us know and then 2nd place can supply the next image. It is preferred to supply a RAW image for editing if possible but if not a jpeg will do.

Rules:
*You may remove items from an image but cannot add any new elements to the image e.g. changing the sky (you can still post edits with added elements for fun but they will not be entered into the vote)
*You can post as many edits as you like but only one will be entered into the vote, you need to make clear which edit you want entered for the vote, if its not made clear your latest edit will be entered in the vote.
*Your entry must be posted by 8pm Friday evening every week.
Rule Change
*You can’t vote for your own edit. If you vote for your own edit your edit will be disqualified and the edit with the next most votes will take your place on the podium.

Any questions please feel free to ask, and most importantly have fun!

3 Likes

Morning all :grin:

This week’s photo was taken in the Lambourn countryside, with Ashdown House in the distance. The house is within the NT grounds, but I took the photo about 1km away outside of the boundary :ok_hand:

I have uploaded the native file and the jpeg, feel free to use either :+1:

For those who appreciate a little history, I have included this below. As this place has a very unusual past.

History of Ashdown House

Ashdown House is associated with the “Winter Queen” Elizabeth of Bohemia, the older sister of Charles I. Along with his house at Hamstead Marshall, it is said that William, the first Earl of Craven built Ashdown for her, but she died in 1662 before construction began.[1]

Ashdown House from the northwest

Although the architect is uncertain, it is thought that Craven commissioned Captain William Winde to build the Dutch-style mansion as a hunting lodge and refuge from the plague. The house features 8,000 square feet (740 m2) of living space, a large central staircase, reception rooms, interlinking drawing and sitting rooms, a kitchen, a dining room and eight bedrooms. The property includes two lodges, three cottages and a hundred acres of land. The house is isolated, and the view from the roof includes park-like grounds and gardens, and beyond, woods and pastures. Nearby is a large group of sarsen stones and Alfred’s Castle, an Iron Age hill fort.

At least one of the woods of Ashdown Park predates the house. Glastonbury Abbey held the manor of Ashbury until the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1539.[2] A deer park was established for the Abbey in the south of the parish.[3] It is bounded by an ancient embankment enclosing a rounded area characteristic of Medieval deer parks.[4] The embankment would have been topped by a park pale, probably of cleft oak stakes.[4] The park may equate to the Aysshen Wood that a terrier of the parish in 1519 recorded as covering 415 acres (168 ha).[2] The former deer park is now the Upper Wood of Ashdown Park. Ashdown Park is a Site of Special Scientific Interest.[5]

Although a few alterations were made to the house, the building remained largely as-built until it was requisitioned for use by the army during World War II. The occupation left it in a near derelict state.[6] The National Trust has owned Ashdown House since 1956 when it was donated to the trust by Cornelia, Countess of Craven (wife of William Craven, 4th Earl of Craven). The house is tenanted, and has been renovated by recent lease holders. In 2010 Pete Townshend bought a 41-year lease on the property[7][8] and in 2011 a structural renovation was begun. Public access is restricted to the stairs and roof, with broad views of Berkshire Downs. There is also public access to the neighbouring Ashdown Woods.[9][10] Admission to the house is by guided tour on Wednesdays and Saturdays from April to October.

2 Likes

Nice image thanks Chris @clinkadink
Good luck everyone :+1:t2:

1 Like

Look forward to giving this a try later when I’m back on pc

1 Like

I’ll start the ball rolling :wink:

P.S. I also think we should consider another rule addendum, where the photo uploader is not part of that week’s comp :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Great edits guys :+1:t2: Looking forward to having a go at this one :grinning:

4 Likes

4 Likes

I will be having a go later. See if i can get back on the podium lol.

3 Likes

Just a dabble and not added anything…

4 Likes

Struck me as a lovely night shot.

4 Likes

Been a while since I’ve messed around in light room…

4 Likes

Luminar AI sky?

2 Likes

Flying FPV I see

3 Likes

Bit later than normal, but here we go with first attempt.

6 Likes

Really cool edits guys :+1:t2: keep them coming! :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome night sky there David :+1:t2: Just so you know incase you missed it in the rules, this edit can’t be entered into the actual vote as you have added extra elements. If you want to enter you can do another edit without the added sky element. But feel free to keep doing these kind of edits for fun as alot of the guys like to see them :blush:

1 Like

Had to do another …

3 Likes

Thanks I did indeed miss that bit, happy you liked it though.

2 Likes

Ashdown House

4 Likes