GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

OK. Here we go.

Claiming a bonus point for no other buildings within 100m (you’ll have to verify that on a map as I wasn’t willing to go too high).
And a bonus point for a Drone Scene entry.

8 Likes

Nearest building is about 250 metres, Jez.

All good for maximum points :slight_smile:

1 Like

4. Commuter Train

South Western Railway service from Dorking to London Waterloo, crossing the River Mole after leaving Box Hill and Westhumble Station.

Bonus Points:
It’s moving.
It Has more than 4 carriages.

3 Points Please!

9 Likes

Taken today (21/08/2021) at 11.00am in Weston Longville, Norfolk.

I claim two bonus points for:

8 Likes

Last one for today. The Reception and Admin Block of what was St Andrew’s Mental Hospital in Norwich. Taken today (21/08/2021) at 11.45am.

I claim 2 bonus points for:

The main building on the other side of the main road is listed, but sadly that doesn’t extend to this building as far as I can see…

6 Likes

Kirby Muxloe Castle

1. A Castle

I claim bonus points for:

• Bonus point if there is a water filled moat
  • Bonus point if Wikipedia Link is provided
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry

Total 4 points

8 Likes

There must be a Citroen van too on that motorway… :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I used Kirby Muxloe a couple of years ago.:+1:

1 Like
2 Likes

Rain-Stops-Play

Not the best day for flying, at least here at GADC Challenge HQ

But some brave souls ventured out - click the pic for the latest leaderboard updates!

3 Likes

Might be worth checking on the official listed buildings website - Search the List - Find listed buildings, monuments, battlefields and more | Historic England - the website linked above isn’t comprehensive and doesn’t list all listed buildings.

Cheers for the tip. I’ve just checked and sadly that particular building isn’t listed.

1. Royal Mail Depot

Leatherhead Delivery Office

Plus at least 10 Red Royal Mail Vehicles

2 Points please!

5 Likes
  1. Traffic Roundabout

Fetcham Young Street Roundabout

Plus bonus for 4 exits
Single tree in middle
No vehicles

4 Points Please!

7 Likes

Item 24. Isolated Church/Chapel

St Michael’s Church - Baddesley Clinton

Taken 20/08/21 around 6am

I claim:

8 Likes

It’s bloody addictive this. I’m having a self-enforced day off today and I still find myself brainstorming possible locations.

Hats off to the @Challenges_Committee and whoever had the original idea for putting together such an engaging and well-thought out competition. It’s already got me rethinking how I use my drone and where I fly it.

5 Likes

Taken this morning around 08:20 at the Buttercup Leys development, Chellaston Lane, Derby. I claim one bonus point for, “2 or more”.

8 Likes

Thanks for the tip Ian. For the purposes of this competition we are using the British listed buildings website as it is, in our opinion, easier to use. So, if your building is not listed there, regardless of any other source no bonus may be claimed

1 Like

Check out the previous years for some inspiration ;o)

2 Likes

I must say and I don’t wish to make the birthday events any less special, sometimes you should milk the cow more. These treasure hunts are much more fun than RTFs. I’d be up for these more regular with similar time spans. Perhaps a bit more time during the winter months if there was one then due to less daylight hours. I appreciate A LOT of thought must go into categories and bonus points, and at some point it will just get harder and harder to find unique spots.

1 Like