• Bonus point if the subject is commercial
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry

I claim 4 points please.

• This Wind Powered item is a windmill
  • It has 4 sails
  • It is ‘commercial’ as the owners charge a fee to visitors
  • I have posted a link in DroneScene
4 Likes

Steve, Thanks for the entry. Before we proceed with your points would you be able to provide us with evidence of this mill being commercial please.

Guys,

See link below,

This sentence in particular, as discussed this morning.

In private ownership, visiting by appointment only and payment of fee. .

https://her.derbyshire.gov.uk/Monument/MDR5461#:~:text=The%20Cat%20and%20Fiddle%20post%20mill%20with%20the%20date%201788%20on%20timbering.%20In%20private%20ownership%2C%20visiting%20by%20appointment%20only%20and%20payment%20of%20fee.%20This%20is%20the%20only%20post%20mill%20in%20Derbyshire.%20(9)

Thanks for sharing the link, upon reading through the page you’ve linked and by doing some of our own research there is nothing to suggest this mill still operates commercially.
By this we mean there is no site for the general public to go to and book entry tickets. Also noted that from the link provided, that page was last edited in June 2015 making it very outdated.

With this in mind unfortunately we cannot offer you the bonus at this time, if you can find significant evidence to back up the commercial side then we can add this at a later date.

Eaton Park Tennis Courts in Norwich, taken at 10.30am on Sunday 12th September.

I claim 2 bonus points for:

• Doubles game being played
  • Courts are green
3 Likes

Ormesby Broad, taken 9th September at 12.49pm.

I claim 2 bonus points for:

3 Likes

It was open on 2019 as per this Instagram post. I suspect because of covid it hasn’t opened in 2020 or 2021 otherwise it probably would have.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1R8ZuTg-_K/?utm_medium=copy_link

If we are using sources from a while ago, like yours, then this may be relevant:

Crd-UR9VMAAVKv7

A view of part of the Claim Validation Section with operatives engaged in checking an entry before passing their findings to the one of the Scoring teams.

How’s your score? Click the Pic ™ to find out!

Item 14: Cricket Match
1st ODI, England Women v New Zealand Women 2021
Bristol County Ground
Taken this afternoon with my Mini 2, after a self-unlock due to Authorisation Zone

Both my drone and I got bored, so would like to claim a total of 2 points:

• Bonus point if you video the batsman out :x:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:
3 Likes

Errm, is the scoring computer feeling alright this evening? :joy:

Good, we wondered if anyone bothered to look at the leaderboard. Now we know at least one of you does - well done for spotting the deliberate mistake!

2 Likes

Item 9: Car Park
Portbury, Bristol
Taken on my Mini 2 this afternoon

I would most definitely like to claim a total of 4 points:

• Bonus point if over 100 cars :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if 4 or more red cars are adjacent to each other - i.e in a column or row :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if 4 or more blue cars are adjacent to each other - i.e in a column or row :white_check_mark:

Will I ever look at a red or blue cars again in the same light? :sweat_smile:

:red_car: :red_car: :red_car: :red_car: :blue_car: :blue_car: :blue_car: :blue_car:

5 Likes

How disappointing. From the video thumbnail we thought you were going to get the cars to spell out “HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY GADC” or something.

Oh well. Maybe we’ll set that as an item for next year :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m letting you off lightly today, just the one point please.
22. Construction Site

• Bonus point if 4 or more colours of safety helmet visible :x:
  • Bonus point if there’s a cement truck in shot :x:
  • Bonus point if there’s a mobile crane in shot :x:
  • Bonus point if a crane is lifting a roof truss :x:
4 Likes

I thought you were responding saying “sorry, but [insert reason here], so you have only 2 points”.

Phew. That one nearly beat me :woozy_face:

1 Like

It would have to be 5th then :rofl:

I am amazed you got permission to fly there when England were playing.

1 Like

Looks nice though, from the sales brochure ;o)

1 Like

I wasn’t actually within over or within the grounds. I was above a street. That said, I had to get an authorisation zone unlocked, but that straightforward enough :wink: I had a good spot, but couldn’t be @rsed to watch anymore, and I had other items to get, so didn’t want to kill the batteries.

Quite a bit of effort for 2 points, but I thoroughly enjoyed the task all the same :+1:

2 Likes