GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Nice one :+1: i like it very much

1 Like

Thanks for doing that Tony :slight_smile:

So we can expect to welcome your entries in here some time soon?

2 Likes

Nice one, cheers! :+1:

From tomorrow onwards :ok_hand: been a little busy with work. But got some freedom soon

4 Likes

Item 17 Narrow Gauge Railway

Whistlestop Valley Huddersfield.

Claim 1 point
1 Bonus Point Train on Track
1 Bonus Point Commercial Takes fare Paying Passengers
1 Bonus Point Added to drone Scene Link below
Total 4 Points Claimed

2 Likes

First of todays entries:

1. AONB Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Reigate Fort in the Surrey Hills AONB.

I claim a

• Bonus point for adding to [Drone Scene ]
2 Likes

Item 6. Viaduct or Aqueduct

Cefn-coed Viaduct

I claim 2 bonus points for:

1 Like

Thanks Sam, the leaderboard will be updated sometime after the Archers finish :slight_smile:

Can we remind all competitors that , although we really appreciate well-composed videos and photos, your primary task is to show the subjects that have been requested.

So, if it’s a picture of an isolated church please don’t crop it so we can’t determine that fact without having to fire up Google Earth. Similarly if we ask for 12 arches of a viaduct please make it obvious there are at least twelve.:slight_smile:

Rant over

2 Likes

b6b7eacae6c63a09320667b3000a2cdc

This competition features more ties than Burton’s window!

Click the pic for the latest scores!

Photo was taken on 24.08.21

1. Tennis Courts

Roundhay Park Tennis Courts Leeds

• Bonus point if a doubles game is being played
  • Bonus point if 4 or more courts are in use
  • Bonus point if the courts are green
4 Likes

Thanks fir that Naz. You just missed the leaderboard update tonight but the full four points will be added to the board tomorrow evening.

1 Like

Today’s entry - Hook Moor Wind Farm, near Aberford.

1. Wind Powered

I claim a Bonus point as there are 4 or more sails
I claim a Bonus point as it is commercial generating power
I claim a Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link below

1 Like

We will allow three points - for illustrating the subject, for commercial use and for the addition to Drone Scene.

Each tower contains the generator, gearing and control gear. The rotor hub carries three blades not sails.

Sorry.

3 Likes

Item 18. Lake or Reservoir
Loch Leven (View from up on Benarty Hill)

I claim 1 bonus point for:

2 Likes

Second entry of the day…

1. Traffic Roundabout
    A642 as you enter Garforth from the M1.

I claim Bonus point if 4 or more exits
and a bonus point if no vehicles

2 Likes

No need to be sorry! Thanks.

Hi Sam @Sam_B I’m afraid on closer inspection it appears your Viaduct image was taken back in May (Metadata is being checked on images). Due to this your Viaduct image has to be disallowed as images submitted for the Birthday Competition need to be taken during the dates the competition is running. We can see you only joined today and as such assume you haven’t read through the rules fully. For this reason we are allowing you to retake the Viaduct/Aqueduct subject if you wish after having a thorough read through the rules
Paying particular attention to rule number 2 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

[slowly amending my plans pretending I wasn’t intending on photographing a wind farm :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:]

I was actually going to ask about this, purely out of interest, because…

This implies that if your entry is not confirmed as eligible then it can be replaced or substituted for another entry at a later date. Whether you’re new here or not. :grin:

Jez, you appear to have read and assimilated the rules. You are correct. :+1:

We thought that the experienced contestants would submit valid entries (with the occasional mis-claimed bonus point). If just a bonus point (or points) is disallowed, the rest of your entry is still valid. However, if your entry is rejected in its entirety you have the chance to retake it.

1 Like