GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Following quickly on, my second entry for today :+1: :grinning:

1. Royal Mail Depot

My local Royal Mail Depot in Cambuslang, Glasgow taken this afternoon (19/08/21) at 16:23 - Mini 2.
I claim a bonus point for 10 or more red post office vehicles.

11 Likes

Thanks for your entries @Drumsagard points on the board and off to a great start.
Note on the DS question, you’re absolutely right, we don’t want duplicate DS additions. If you want the DS bonus point for any item you need to find a target that has not already been added to DS :+1:t2:

From the rules:

To earn the point a Drone Scene marker and description must be placed on the map shortly after your flight. The place to which it relates must be at least 1 kilometre measured on the Drone Scene map from any prior entry.

3 Likes

blog-114-main

click the pic for today’s leaderboard update

A great start to the Challenge and we have implemented our semi-automatic scoring system (above) in anticipation of a further daily flood of entries. Well done everyone who has posted today!

9 Likes

Thanks for that, another post I missed, must remember to look atthe new stuff every day :slightly_smiling_face:

But does this mean that you guys can’t enter ? now thats a bad idea, will be no fun without my old adversaries :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Afraid so Steve :cry:

But I understand that some of the newer guys on the forum are going to give you a run for your money.

I believe that there a couple who joined just now - @McSprite and @MacStreamy2011 who may also give you a hard time …

1 Like

St Peter’s Church ,Corby

Entry 24 Isolated church/Chapel

I claim 2 bonus points for:

Bonus point for having no other buildings within 100m

Bonus point for adding to Drone scene.

7 Likes

My third entry.

1. Traffic Roundabout

One of many local roundabouts in Cambuslang, Glasgow. Taken 19/08/21 at 16:06 - Mini 2.
I claim 3 bonus points for: 4 or more exits, no cars and a lone tree in the middle.

8 Likes

<checks who came 2nd last time>

1 Like

KartTrak Cromer in Norfolk. Taken at 11.30am on 19/08/2021.

I claim two bonus points:

I haven’t claimed the bonus point for go-karts being technically open-wheeled as I wasn’t sure that was in the spirit of what was being asked for. Happy to accept the extra point if anyone wants to dispute this though!

9 Likes

No worries mate
not forgotten you :smiley:

This is the Church of St David, in Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys, photographed this morning with my DJI Mini 2.

It dates from the 14th or 15th Century and is Grade II* Listed.

Claiming both bonus points as indicated above.

Posted on Drone Scene, see:

8 Likes

@rustybarnet We are going to allow your Open-wheeled Bonus Point. :+1:

Great shot and awarded 4 points :+1:

3 Likes

1 Like

Far Cotton Railway Viaduct in Northampton,

Entry 6. Viaduct or Aqueduct

I claim 3 bonus points for

Bonus point if a vehicle or vessel is crossing it

Bonus point if 12 or more arches

Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry

7 Likes

Can I just get a clarification on the above? Has it deliberately been written in such a way that it could equally apply to a sailing vessel or a windmill/pump/turbine?

I only ask because I immediately thought ship (you can take the boy out the navy…) but when I showed my wife her mind immediately went to the latter.

Thought I’d just check before trying to send the Mini 2 haring round the Norfolk coast after yachts unnecessarily… :wink:

1 Like

Nice. Just a shame you can’t claim 2 for 1 with getting a commuter train as well… :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for asking Andy.

We cannot reveal why we have chosen to word items in certain ways. We can only advise you that we require an image of something that is powered by the wind.

A kite, for instance, fulfils the above requirement

But, to gain all the bonuses it should have four or more sails. be operated in the expectation of making a profit and your TOAL point should be unique and recorded on Drone Scene.

We leave the interpretation of the above up to you. In case of confusion we refer you to post number 73

2 Likes

First of todays entries:

1. Viaduct or Aqueduct

I claim bonus points for

• Bonus point if a vehicle or vessel is crossing it
  • Bonus point if 12 or more arches
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene
5 Likes

Second of todays entries:

1. Solar farm

I claim bonus points for:

• Bonus point if there are 30 or more rows
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene
6 Likes

One of the best looking viaducts in the country, I would love to go and see this one . Great picture👍🏾

1 Like