GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

Far Cotton Railway Viaduct in Northampton,

Entry 6. Viaduct or Aqueduct

I claim 3 bonus points for

Bonus point if a vehicle or vessel is crossing it

Bonus point if 12 or more arches

Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry

7 Likes

Can I just get a clarification on the above? Has it deliberately been written in such a way that it could equally apply to a sailing vessel or a windmill/pump/turbine?

I only ask because I immediately thought ship (you can take the boy out the navy…) but when I showed my wife her mind immediately went to the latter.

Thought I’d just check before trying to send the Mini 2 haring round the Norfolk coast after yachts unnecessarily… :wink:

1 Like

Nice. Just a shame you can’t claim 2 for 1 with getting a commuter train as well… :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for asking Andy.

We cannot reveal why we have chosen to word items in certain ways. We can only advise you that we require an image of something that is powered by the wind.

A kite, for instance, fulfils the above requirement

But, to gain all the bonuses it should have four or more sails. be operated in the expectation of making a profit and your TOAL point should be unique and recorded on Drone Scene.

We leave the interpretation of the above up to you. In case of confusion we refer you to post number 73

2 Likes

First of todays entries:

1. Viaduct or Aqueduct

I claim bonus points for

• Bonus point if a vehicle or vessel is crossing it
  • Bonus point if 12 or more arches
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene
5 Likes

Second of todays entries:

1. Solar farm

I claim bonus points for:

• Bonus point if there are 30 or more rows
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene
6 Likes

One of the best looking viaducts in the country, I would love to go and see this one . Great picture👍🏾

1 Like

Some great entries so far guys, Well done :+1: Look out for the stealthy ones lurking in the shadows, no ones points are safe :wink:

2 Likes

I think so too, lots of anti drone signage on the gates despite it being a public right of way. Let me know if you do will see if I can join you.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. I will endeavour to find Taskmaster-style loopholes where possible…:smirk:

I’m now off to sew 4 kites together. Wish me luck…

1 Like

GettyImages-3064497

The development of the Challenge Committee’s scoring system continues!

Click the pic for the latest leaderboard news

1 Like

Oh you absolutely should. Experience from previous years is that this is exactly what the committee love the most.

:rofl:

1 Like

It should be noted that the previous years’ committee had a sense of humour …

1 Like

OK. Here we go.

Claiming a bonus point for no other buildings within 100m (you’ll have to verify that on a map as I wasn’t willing to go too high).
And a bonus point for a Drone Scene entry.

8 Likes

Nearest building is about 250 metres, Jez.

All good for maximum points :slight_smile:

1 Like

4. Commuter Train

South Western Railway service from Dorking to London Waterloo, crossing the River Mole after leaving Box Hill and Westhumble Station.

Bonus Points:
It’s moving.
It Has more than 4 carriages.

3 Points Please!

9 Likes

Taken today (21/08/2021) at 11.00am in Weston Longville, Norfolk.

I claim two bonus points for:

8 Likes

Last one for today. The Reception and Admin Block of what was St Andrew’s Mental Hospital in Norwich. Taken today (21/08/2021) at 11.45am.

I claim 2 bonus points for:

The main building on the other side of the main road is listed, but sadly that doesn’t extend to this building as far as I can see…

6 Likes

Kirby Muxloe Castle

1. A Castle

I claim bonus points for:

• Bonus point if there is a water filled moat
  • Bonus point if Wikipedia Link is provided
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry

Total 4 points

8 Likes

There must be a Citroen van too on that motorway… :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: