GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

1. 360 Excavator, Wheeled or Tracked
  • Bonus point if it’s loading a truck :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if there are 2 or more :white_check_mark:

3 points claimed

4 Likes

We will keep the case open for a couple of days, if you can find any other evidence please submit it to us.

Our findings:

‘‘Ashton Windmill is open from Easter through to September, Sundays and Bank Holidays, 2:30 – 4:30pm. Admission is free.’’

http://windmills.org.uk/windmills/ashton-tower-mill/

1 Like

Happy to leave it as that.

1 Like

Just a bit of useless information.

So far in the competition I have flown

12.428km or 7.72 miles or 40,744 feet (out of 21.8km in total)

taking

3 hours 26 minutes so far

The longest period was waiting for the first wicket to fall :joy:

1 Like

Between wickets and trains I’ve spent more battery hovering and waiting for something to happen than I’ve ever done before…

3 Likes

Don’t trains run to a timetable any more?

They do, but most of the problem is my general paranoia about missing the train.

I’m usually airborne far earlier than I need to be…

Claiming 3 points please.

More than 4 carages✔️
And it is moving.:heavy_check_mark:

Not an intercity :x:

Taken today at 1600 between Hightown and Hall Road Stations

5 Likes

Tony, not trying to be pedantic, but how do we know that it is moving?

6 Likes

Here is it seconds before as it approached. I was going to use this image as it was clearly between stations, however counting the carriages was more difficult.

6 Likes

Good answer! Nine seconds apart. If you had some more pictures - say 225 - taken by some means one after the other in those nine seconds you could show them in sequence at the same rate and give the illusion of motion … :slight_smile:

Three points!

7 Likes

Thanks, that is the most polite way I’ve ever been called an idiot :joy::joy:

5 Likes

HawkinsPlugboard_zpsrneto6dbbw

Hardware diagnostics following today’s system outage. Congratulations to our on-site engineer for a speedy resolution to the problem.

For a speedy link to the leaderboard - Click the Pic!
2 Likes

Subject entry 20. Sun Reflecting Off The Water

I claim bonus points for:

Total 4 points please.

6 Likes

Nice, I arrived at a reservoir for golden hour thinking might finally have the right conditions, and the f**kers had drained it for works. :rofl: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

4 points!

To forestall anyone objecting we are aware that there are two markers less than one kilometre apart on the Drone Scene map. Both were placed there by @Acedrone but they refer to two different subjects (and point in different directions) so the bonus point is valid

4 Likes

Item 2: Abandoned Building
Swindon Mechanics’ Institute, Wiltshire
Taken this evening with Mini 2

I would like to claim 4 points in total:

• Bonus point if listed on British listed buildings website and link provided :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if you supply a wikipedia link :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:
3 Likes

Item 23: Solar Farm
Lake Farm Solar Farm, near Chippenham
Taken this evening on my Mini 2

I would like to claim 3 points in total for:

• Bonus point if there are 30 or more rows :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:
4 Likes

Looks good :+1:

2 Likes

Taken in Hambledon, Hampshire at 19.00 this evening.

I claim 1 bonus point for the van not being white.

It’s not used for catering, but as you can see there is some writing on the side - whether that counts as signwritten in the eyes of the @Challenges_Committee is up to them. I’ll happily accept an additional point if they’re willing to award it… :joy:

4 Likes