GADC Calendar Pilots Competition - May - Winner Announced

Obviously date typo above. Was yesterday 27/05/23

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Llandudno. North wales
Taken 1455 21st May 2023

Llandudno is the largest seaside resort in Wales. The pier was built in 1877, it is a Grade II listed building. The pier was extended in 1884 in a landward direction along the side of what was the Baths Hotel where the Grand Hotel now stands

2 Likes

Lovely place Llandudno, gets a tad busy though. The Great Orme is a more chilled place to be.

Nice shot👍

@group-challenges

Thank you to all who entered the May GADC Pilots’ Calendar Competition and well done all for providing such an interesting and diverse selection of images. Now we hand over to the population of GADC to decide which of the 12 images is the best.

It’s a simple poll, one vote per person, so take a little time in making your selection. The result of the poll will be announced on Friday, June 2nd at 22:00

E&OE

The competition for June 2023 can be found here

@group-challenges

We had a brilliant selection of pictures for this month, showing a great deal of greenery for “No-Mow-May”. Perhaps understandably there was just the one sunrise shot at the unearthly hour of 05:41, though two large dogs were probably the factor in the early rising! We also had a high proportion of pictures showing expanses of water, maybe because many of us had three Bank Holidays to go and explore the British countryside and seashore.

Only one picture could be a winner however and, with over one third of the available votes it was the image of Shrewsbury, with the United Reformed Church on the eastern bank and a fine stone bridge over a tranquil River Severn.

So congratulations to @D0c.Col - Colin for an image worthy of a picture postcard :slight_smile: congratulations to all the other participants for such a high standard of entries!

The competition for June 2023 can be found here

5 Likes

Congrats @D0c.Col on a great entry, a worthy winner :1st_place_medal: :clap:

1 Like

Thx Chris. OMG! After 18 months of trying I’ve actually won a photo comp with my actual photo. :partying_face: Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry… thats awsome. Just come in from a birthday party so happy happy happy! I love these comps. Cheers everyone. :hugs:

5 Likes

Congrats Colin @D0c.Col a very worthy winner. Again great entries from all :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thx Andy. I’m more chuffed and slightly embarrassed now I’ve sobered up from last nights revelry. :grin:

1 Like