GADC Meet - 17/19 May 2019, Rockingham Speedway

what time is the field available from friday?

7:00 am

Hotel booked (Hampton by Hilton, Corby).

Looking forward to meeting a few new peoples.

Next question, who is up for a curry and the bright lights of Corby with me and @sparkman999 on the Saturday night

You’ll need a Bin liner, if you are on the Curries Boys !!
:poop:

Now that’s an idea, you’ll have to eat at Alis’ his curry’s are awesome. It’s a tiny little curry restaurant so early booking is advised.
Next door to him is the best chip shop in Northamptonshire they have a cue that at times goes around the corner; we can only just manage to eat their small portions of chips they literally fill a platter as a portion.

Fish and chips here…spotted.prepped.overheard

Alis’ Indian restaurant…equality.mixer.fractions

I could try and organise a booking at Alis’ closer to the weekend, let me know.

Yes I think we should canvass the group see who is interested a little nearer the time.

@Njoro, hows it compare to Mazza or The Royal Tandoori (as you can see I’ve done my trip advisor research), I love curry.

“I see you’ve let your fingers do the walking”

Alis’ is better than any of them having tried them all, over years; her indoors has just offers to get a curry in tonight …mmmmmm🕺

Been to the Royal Tandoori several times (mainly because I was staying at The Raven just up the road and I could drink and walk) and always enjoyed …

The Kingfisher opposite looks like my type of boozer too, proper Jockey style (Shameless)

At one time the Raven was called the ‘Game bird’ and it had a reputation with “bird watchers” it used to be heaving 3 deep at the bar on a weekend…oh “my miss spent youth” those were the days.

1 Like

Mmmm curry

1 Like

My misses will come with the dog if there’s no sheep and we’ll camp. Otherwise, she won’t come so wouldn’t need a bog. If there’s no other women then we won’t need one?

What’s the date again?

It’s in the first post 17/19th of May…

2 Likes

… and now it’s also in the thread title, too. :wink:

3 Likes

As the date of this meet is getting closer, there’s 7 places left, it also looks like we might be in with some good weather if the boffins have it right.

Apparently we are heading for a 6 week heatwave as of this Bank holiday :hot_face:

I just realised that I forgot one thing, Please bring a hard copy of your Insurance with you; whichever you may have such as FPV-UK or BMFA.

The sheep are in the field right now but we may be lucky and have the entire lot to ourselves.

For anyone that hasn’t yet put their name down please read this thread from the beginning to get an idea of the proposed activities and disclaimers.

1 Like

You sure shouldn’t it read 6 minutes…

“you have to have something to hope for in life eh”

Her indoors has bought me some beer and a paint brush already to get me through the heatwave, one can for the shed, 2 for the fence, 1/2 for the stairs and six for the gardening…:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Great that someone’s got the kahunas to org a meet:+1:

And I owe @milkmanchris a beer…
And, its @sparkman999 fault I HAD to buy a M2P
Anyway, unf we are returning from the NC500 that WE so prob wont make it (hoping to have lots of Highlands footage in the bag)
Have a good 'un, as they say:wink:

1 Like

Oh thanks mate😉 I get the blame for everything at home too
I bet your happy you did though …

1 Like