Galaxy S21 Ultra video transmission drops out and Remote Controller Disconnected errors

I’ve just bought my dream phone - a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, (had to sell a lot of stuff to get it) and it’s not working with either the Mavic Zoom or the Mini 2. The video transmission drops out every few seconds and I get Remote Controller Disconnected error. I’m seeing the telemetry on the screen change, like the gimbal angle etc. but the video feed keeps freezing in B&W. I’m quite worried the phone might have a faulty port but it seems to work with everything else. Does anyone else use an S21 Ultra successfully?
I uninstalled dji Fly but now I can’t see it on the Play Store and someone said it’s not compatible. Seems unlikely.

Sounds like dodgy USB cable Andrew.

Got a different one you can try?

Get it directly from DJI. On their download page.

1 Like

I tried another cable on the Mavic controller, (I have a spare controller after I ditched my previous Mavic, as you know :cry:). But it also happens on the Mini 2 controller with its different cable. That’s why I think it may be the phone. BTW, I tried a tablet and an old iphone and both worked fine.

Thanks Keith, I’ll do that.

One of the reasons I went back to apple, had this a lot with my S20ultra and lost all faith in my flying my drones :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Evidently it is a known issue with the S21 Ultra with the Exynos processor, when in 4K with the Mini 2. Not good, but I believe dji are working on it. I’m a bit pissed off because I’ve traded my old phone in.

Thanks for the info Steve. I thought I was looking at a faulty phone, after a week. It seems lots of people are having the issue with Go4 and Fly.

1 Like

I have an s21 ultra as my main phone and while I don’t routinely use it for drone stuff it does have the dji fly app just incase.

While I don’t use it often I haven’t had any issues.

Chris, have you used it with 4K video? I think that’s when it fails.

I shall test it out and let you know.

Thanks Chris.

Not all mobile phones are compatible with the DJI apps. I know that iPhone 10 and above are not yet supported,(I have the iPhone 11) though they may work, they are not supported by DJI, so the best thing to do is contact DJI and ask them if your phone is supported, I would be surprised if it is as its a newer model. The other thing you need to consider, is if you have an accident or fly away and your using an unsupported device, DJI can refuse you an exchange if you have “Refresh”

1 Like

I think it’s the other way around Andrew @anon54870278 whereby all new iPhones will run DJI Fly just fine and the older iPhones won’t be supported over time.

You say DJI currently don’t support the X (ten) and the 11 models, but they are clearly listed on their compatibility list as being fully compatible and running fine:

1 Like

I emailed DJI as i had a problem with my Iphone 11 disconecting, they replied that the iphone 11 onwards is NOT supported yet the below is the email from DJI giving those phones that ARE supported

1 Like

i have the samsung s21 ULTRA and im recording in 4kk 25 and video seems fine for me currently

1 Like

DJI GO4

Supported Mobile Devices

iOS V 4.3.42

Requires iOS 10.0 or above.

Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4

Android V 4.3.42

Requires Android 5.0 or above.

Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T

go4 List - only as that’s the one i had issues with when owning my S20ultra.

Saying that… I now own the iPhone 12promax and I’ve had zero issues.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue on my Samsung S21 Ultra when recording in 4k. All other modes are fine though.

I understand their problem. I’m a Product Manager in the pharma tech industry and focus on mobile devices… Our main issue is finding enough resource to automate app testing against a breadth of devices vs operating system versions so we can officially state we support X,Y,Z devices. We have to make the decision on which devices to drop and which ones to support and it’s not as straightforward as it looks. I spend weeks looking at market and clinical data to decide what we should support and no doubt DJI are in the same boat.

We will have to wait until DJI supports them. Making a lot of noise to them will definitely help sway their decision on what they should develop against in their product backlog.

1 Like

I don’t understand why the S21 isn’t supported.

It’s a seriously powerful device :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Am I missing something??

1 Like