Geldingadalir Volcano - Iceland

I’ve been watching the live feed from this Icelandic volcano since they set up the webcam on the new eruption a couple of days ago.

Last evening I was thinking how much I’d love to fly over the lava flows … but this is probably a little closer than I’d want to be.

Bloody superb at the end! :open_mouth:

Instagram link

14 Likes

Wow, love to see if the drone took any hits

2 Likes

MINT!

1 Like

Anyone running a book on how many times that video gets posted in to a new thread over the course of the next five days? :thinking:

11 Likes

Just seen it on apple news now, so think you might be right. :laughing:

You should create a badge for it lol

1 Like

No no no please don’t :scream:

If it’s more than 20 @PingSpike has to ship out a free GADC hat to every member that didn’t post the clip. :rofl:

1 Like

I came here to post it. I’ll wait until it’s been done 19 times…

Nobody’s posted this one have they? This is the long version.

3 Likes

Good luck on your Coventry visit! :joy:

1 Like

There’s a superb 4k version on the guy’s YT channel … and a couple of other vids of the eruption.

Bjorn Steinbekk - A guy with a drone - YouTube

2 Likes

Hope I have this in the right forum.

Did anyone else see the Volcano Drone footage on ITV? Not sure I would have the guts to fly over an active volcano. Not sure my Mini would cope.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-22/watch-spectacular-drone-footage-of-long-dormant-iceland-volcano-erupting

Moved your post here … see above.

2 Likes

There are some nice drone videos of the current volcanic eruption in Iceland appearing on Youtube:

This one, it’s not totally clear how the drone survived… :flushed:

There’s more than I thought there would be after bowlingalleyfest

2 Likes

We are up to 6 already that’s just in this thread.

2 Likes

The volcano seems to be a bit of a tourist attraction …

:laughing:

That’s nearly all “locals”, since inward international tourism is pretty much impossible atm, I believe.

And then there was a boooom…!
And then we all go