Getting interested,

Im very new to Drones, but been bitten by the Bug, started to watch youtube & got interested in Fpv, are ther places to fly Fast drones on the Wirral & over this side of the Water.

regards John

2 Likes

Great to hear that you are getting interested in FPV, John.

It’s an awesome branch of the hobby and very addictive but potentially expensive too.

The same rules apply to fpv drones as they do to camera drones.
In addition, you will need a spotter - for the safety of others but also to ensure that you can find your drone when you hit the deck with it.

I would start off small with something similar to a TinyHawk or Tinyhawk freestyle and build from there.

Lots of information in here and feel free to ask any questions.

2 Likes

And a good pair of walking shoes

1 Like

Are all the items Bought as a separate , if you know what i mean ie Remote Separate Item, Goggles separate Item drone separate item? can you use say the goggles on other drones, can you use the remotes on other drones,

regards john

Yes too all.

There are several beginners all in one kits, but for the bigger 3inch and above you’re looking at separate stuff. YouTube is your friend when it comes to what to buy put a list together and post it here and we’ll all advise on if it’s good or not so at least you’ll know what you do end up buying will be ok stuff and not cheap trash that’s gunna break because there is a fair amount of trash out there on the market lol

1 Like

Hi John,

You can buy either way but before that, there are quite a few decisions for you to make.

The easiest way is to buy a starter kit but the problem is that you may very quickly outgrow that kit and find yourself buying lots of additional equipment depending on the route that you plan to take.

Like @notveryprettyboy said. Try someone else and see how it feels is the best route

1 Like

This is pretty much a given, however you get started. :rofl:

1 Like

Doing that with my Nazgul 5 already…<_<

1 Like

Would you buy a simulator or just go for one of the hawk drones and fly it around the garden etc. i have got my eye on a FrSky Taranis Q X7 2.4Ghz Transmitter RC, im having a bit of bother understanding simulators

1 Like

If you’ve never flown FPV before that could prove difficult. Do you have any manual RC flying experience at all or are you coming from a camera drone?

1 Like

Yes but not much experience with that but no problem

A simulator like Velocidrone, Lift off or like @notveryprettyboy suggested free rider as free option. You will need a radio to use :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I have Got My Eye On a Controller, is the Velocidrone, Simulator £16.99, that seems to be the only option on the web site, or am i missing something .

regards john

Yes you have to buy a licence from their website and download and install it on your PC (check to make sure the spec of your PC is upto scratch)

Lift off simulator is on Steam. (There are a few others on steam also)

And I’ve never used free rider so I’m not sure about that one @notveryprettyboy should be able to help with this one.

I like Velocidrone personally but it’s all personal preference and how much money you’re willing to invest.

What ever radio transmitter you go with make sure that it has simulator support.

2 Likes

Cheers, I will check the spec on the controller s I’m interested in, any other Advice is appreciated is there many places to go in Merseyside,

1 Like

Also get ready for a bit of this too. It can be quite disorientating flying with goggles especially when you start doing powerloops and a few other manoeuvres. When I’ve got my goggles on I’m like Stevie Wonder :crazy_face:

1 Like

Can confirm I was ducking under branches all weekend…do you ever stop doing that?

1 Like

I have no idea but I certainly haven’t yet :rofl: