Gimbal screeming noise

Anyone know what this could be? Also noticed the gap on the right next to the camera is bigger than the gap on the left, is this normal?

1 Like

Sounds like one of the motors fighting against something.

I wouldn’t have it on for long while it’s doing that.

With the power off I’d check the gimbal moves smoothly on each axis and there is no tight spots.

Does it do that immediately after its startup routine?

2 Likes

Yeah, straight after start up mate, gimbal seems to move freely. And when using the screen on the phone to move the gimbal that all seems fine too.

Once powered off the camera head drops to the right. I’m thinking something maybe slight twisted or bent somehow.

Contacted DJI and hopefully getting a replacement camera under warranty.

1 Like

Ah man that doesn’t sound good :grimacing: sounds like the drive is slipping inside. Anything happened to it before this? Or did it go in the case working and came out like that?

1 Like

Looking at the gap on one side,that certainly does not look right… Have you tried gently pushing the gimble together,to see weather or not you could reseat the gimble,with the power off? :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Yes mate, into the case working and and out with a problem, maybe some shit court init from downdraft possibly.

Tried all that mate, have noticed that gap since day one though but I’ve never had a problem so never looked it up.

1 Like

Do you have access to compressed air? maybe worth a shot,move gimble by hand while blowing out with air?..

2 Likes

Might give it a try, DJI are arranging collection of the camera, but try try that before sending it off. :+1:

1 Like

Thats unusual,don,t DJI just ask you to send in the entire drone???

2 Likes

Had the option to send intire thing or the malfunctioned
Part.

1 Like

Interesting to know,first time ive heard of that,perhaps DJI are now getting their act together!!! either way,hope you get it sorted promptly… :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Lol, either that or I was on a dodgy copy cat site and some random guy has bagged himself a m2p camera :rofl:

1 Like

Personally ,i reckon DJI missed a trick,as the camera is very easy to swap,and they should of marketed it as user changeable…rather then wanting you to send it back,ie let you swap zoom with pro and vise versa without voiding your warranty… :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Looking at images of the gimbal online it does seem to be normal to have a slight gap on one side

2 Likes

LOL Now looking at mine… :grimacing: :grimacing: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Take a pic :camera:

1 Like

Will do,will upload in a short while,watch this space!!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I’ve found people with similar issues on a MM that were solved with FW updates. You don’t have any updates due on yours?

1 Like

All up to date :+1: