Glenfinnan Viaduct

Here’s a video made with my MA1 at Glenfinnan Viaduct from Otcober last year

10 Likes

Most excellent @Jogort :smiley: :+1: :steam_locomotive: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car:

Great vid, stunning light and colours! :+1:

Superb vid. Timing with the train just perfect.

Thoroughly enjoyed that clip. Thanks

Interesting.

Never having been to that location, I hadn’t actually appreciated the average compass orientation of the viaduct … and for whatever reason had “assumed” it ran more North/South. (Which, admittedly, is a pretty daft assumption in an area with mountains to navigate. LOL!)

And, as your clip proves, there’s some really excellent opportunities for inclusion of a low sun (even if the topography prevents sunrise/sunset, per se)

Acknowledging that low sun in your clip … a Golden Hour Flyer Badge has been added to your profile. :+1:

2 Likes

Going up that way this coming week, presume ok to fly there ?

Take your wallet… :wink:

1 Like

Where it says " Glenfinnan Estate manager Alistair Gibson said the charge covered his time in going to check operators knew the law, such as drones must be kept 50 metres away from people and buildings " he is charging for a service, a service that is not necessary

1 Like

You’ve obviously never watched YouTube :wink:

1 Like

No I don’t not

As has been mentioned for Glenfinnan viaduct the landowner charges £10. There are signs all over asking you to call him if you want to fly, whether you do or not is up to you but he does come out and check as obviously most want to see the train crossing the viaduct do he is out at those times.

1 Like

I do hope to get up there one day, not been up that end of the country for about 35 years, If I choose to fly there then the charge would be paid by myself I just do not like the idea that these people charge because the camera can fly

Great video.

Great video

Cheers for the comments folks. I was really lucky that day, nothing was planned and we just decided to go and luckily we got the last steam train of the season. Weather & lighting turned out perfect by pure chance :joy: :joy:

I was in Glenfinnan last week and was happy to pay Alistair the £10 fee. The way I look at it is, I’m paying for permission to take off/land on his private land.

1 Like