Go4 Update - v.4.3.0

Hardly surprising that there’s an update to Go4 for the new MP2 models.

The last item at least acknowledges there were firmware update issues - shame it only says “improves”, not “fixes”.

1 Like

Hmmmm, it’s just sunk in that soon I’m going to have to use current GO4 app.

Don’t know how I feel about that after avoiding it for so long.

2 Likes

LOL!
Use a different device for the new toy?

1 Like

Chances are your existing one would work … just not the new features. Zoom, Dolly Zoom, Hyperlapse, POI circling.

“Flying” and “RTH” probably work. You’ll be able to test that soon. :+1:

1 Like

But the existing app wouldn’t have Mavic 2 as an option to connect to.

Something I’ll just need to get used to until we get a modded app that supports it, hopefully anyway.

Hmmm …. worth trying as an MP?

1 Like

I’ll definitely give it a try.

1 Like

Just a thought the phone connects to the controller not the drone so it’s the controller it talks to in my book

1 Like

You can’t setup Go4 without the RC also being connected to the drone and the drone being switched on … so it probably knows the model of the drone it’s connecting to.
But an installation of Go4 that’s already logged an MP back to DJI might just operate an M2P - and even if kept off-line.
Go4 before 4.3 may or may not like the MP2.
Changing aperture on the M2P might be an issue with earlier versions of Go4 even if it does.
There’s a chance that 4.2.24 might work … the testers have to have been using something, although they may have had access to a beta of 4.3

1 Like

Now you mention it Dave, that was case in one of the reviews I watched last night.

They had to download a beta version to connect to MP2.

1 Like