Going Camping in Pickering, N. Yorks

Hi going Camping for 2 nights in pickering and was thinking if anyone on here as been to any nice locations for a fly. Obviously the full family there so I won’t be droning all the time.
Not sure the wife or kids would be keen on that :joy:

Pickering? Where’s that mate? :man_shrugging:

North Yorkshire. Sorry forgot to put that. I know dolby forest.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like anyone has flown around that way :thinking:

Or more likely, they have, but haven’t shared it on Drone Scene :man_facepalming:

OK thanks. I’ll take a look and if I find any good spots I’ll get them on here. Thanks again.

1 Like

Get out of Pickering and follow the Railway at various points on it’s way to Whitby.
You should get some great steam railway shots if you get in the right location.
They run some great steam trains from Pickering Station to the coast, well worth a ticket !.

2 Likes

Not only the North Yorkshire railway, but Whitby Abbey and surrounds

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll look at these :slightly_smiling_face:

May I suggest an umbrella if you’re going today ;o(

3 Likes

:joy: Not going till Tuesday. Hopefully weather ok.

1 Like

Good Fish & Chips at both Pickering (The High Street) ,and Whitby !.

1 Like

Thanks always looking for good food.

Daughter lives just down the road at Kirkbymoorside. Fly in the area now and then.
Be aware of flyingdales early warning station. I was outside the restriction and had a fly away that was costly repair. Although I can’t blame them directly talking to the repair guys strong RF signals can affect the drone.
My personal feeling is that it contributed to the incident.
If you go to Whitby take a look up the coast couple of miles at Sandsend. There is a car park where the shops etc are and a path that takes you on a nice cliff top walk.

1 Like

I use Google Maps to browse an area and see if there’s anywhere interesting to fly… Stick it in 3d and you sometimes get some nice landscapes!
Obviously not as good as recommendations but gives you a good idea of local places (tis not as good as dronescene for pointing out power lines though!!!)

2 Likes

Thanks to that advice. I don’t want a fly away. I’ll look on the Google maps too. Thanks