Going That Way : Lake District Passes, and a bouncing Go Pro

One for the Bikers in this group, Includes drone footage from Wrynose Pass.
We rode from Newcastle to ride some of the fantastic Lakeland Passes.
Enjoy, we did.

15 Likes

Did the Wrynose and the Hardnutt? about 10 years ago in a SEAT Alhambra, they’re definitely not meant for mountain climbing!

Hardknott ,
If you watch the footage you can see how hard the front forks are working on Hardknott on the terrible surface.

You want to try it in a glorified Ford Galaxy!

Did the same in a MINI John Cooper Works …What an absolute hoot that was. It’s what the MINI was built for :smiley:

1 Like

Rode these passes many times great footage,hope to get out myself when salts gone.went over hardnott some years ago on a zx12r not a please t experience

1 Like

Great video, brings back lots of great, happy memories. Makes me want to get a bike again…

1 Like

The Fred Whitton Challenge riders do it without an engine!!! :wink:

The infamous ‘Fred Whitton Challenge’ ride, is reputedly one of the toughest day rides in the country (and yes I can vouch for that!). The official ride is held in early May each year and is a charity ride in memory of the local Lakes Road Club racing secretary of the same name who sadly died of cancer aged 50.

1 Like

It reminds me of my youth. I am to old not to get another bike but I it does look nice

1 Like

I filmed a Triathlon a few years ago, Followed the lead cyclist up “The Struggle” no problem but I was driving a Discovery and couldn’t keep up with him going down the other side into Patterdale.

2 Likes